This super easy mint chocolate dip combines cream cheese, Cool Whip, chocolate chips, and mint flavoring in a creamy and delicious dip that’s perfect for any occasion! It tastes just like Andes Mints if they were turned into a dessert dip!
There’s just something about this super easy alternative to making a traditional dessert.
I love that they typically only use a couple of ingredients, they’re no-bake, and they serve a large crowd of people!
With St. Patrick’s Day just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to make an Andes Mint chocolate dip that uses similar flavors to these mint chocolate cheesecakes!
And while I call it a St. Patrick’s Day dessert dip because it’s green, you could really serve this any time of year – it’d be the perfect addition to this Christmas tree cake dip for the holidays!
It tastes kind of like Andes Mints, kind of like thin mint Girl Scout cookies, and mostly just delicious.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy – this 5-ingredient mint chocolate dip is as easy as it gets! Just mix, beat, and dip!
- Fun green color – like I mentioned before, this dip has a nice green color to it, making it perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! Omit the food coloring for the same flavor, just less festive color.
- Hint of mint flavor – while this has a mint flavor, it’s just a hint of mint and not overpowering, kind of like how Andes Mints are!
- Mint extract – make sure to use mint and not peppermint, peppermint is best used on things like this edible peppermint cookie dough and has a much stronger flavor.
- Food coloring – I recommend using green gel food coloring because it has a higher concentration than liquid and it won’t impact the consistency of your dip at all to get a good green color.
- Cream cheese – make sure your cream cheese is softened before mixing into this dip. I like to leave it out of the fridge for 30-45 minutes before adding to the dip.
- Chocolate chips – I recommend using semi-sweet so that the dip isn’t overly sweet but if you’d prefer something else like milk chocolate, those work as well. I also recommend the bigger chocolate chips but you can totally use mini chocolate chips if that’s all you have.
How to Make this Andes mint chocolate Dip
This dessert dip recipe is super easy to make but make sure to read my notes so that you don’t end up with a dip that tastes like toothpaste (someone asked about that on the TikTok video).
The first thing you need to do is combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl or stand mixer.
Mix them medium speed until fully blended.
Once they’re nice and smooth, add mint extract and mix for 30 seconds to incorporate it into the cream cheese mixture.
Now add the whipped topping and fold it into the cream cheese mixture using a rubber spatula. Just fold it in (name that TV show!).
p.s., if you don’t like Cool Whip, you could also make this with homemade whipped cream, it’ll just have a little different texture.
Once everything is well mixed, stir in the green food coloring a little at a time until it’s the color you want and evenly distributed throughout.
Finally, stir in the chocolate chips. Do this by hand (not the mixer) so you don’t end up with tiny bits of chocolate chips broken up into the dip everywhere.
Move the dip to the bowl you want to serve it in.
Finish it off by chopping up some Andes Mints and sprinkling them on top of the dip.
Serve chilled with your favorite dippers like Oreo cookies, graham crackers, chocolate graham crackers, vanilla wafers, fresh fruit, and more!
Measure out the mint extract somewhere other than directly over your bowl. You don’t want to accidentally spill more into the bowl or you’ll end up with this tasting more like toothpaste and less like a mint chocolate dip.
Store this dip in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days, although it’s best enjoyed within 24 hours.
Beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer for the most smooth consistency. You just can’t get the cream cheese mixture as smooth as you want it by mixing with just your hand – well not unless you want to do it for a really long time.
Dip anything you’d dip in this funfetti dip or anything that tastes good with mint. Chocolate cookies, Oreos, graham crackers, Vanilla wafers, wafer cookies, fruit, or really anything else that sounds good.
I do not recommend freezing this mint chocolate dip or any of my other dessert dips for that matter. While they freeze fine, they do not thaw well and you’ll lose the creamy dippable texture.
More St. Patrick’s Day Desserts
If you’re looking for fun St. Patrick’s Day desserts, you’ve come to the right place! These will fill up your dessert table with a delicious spread!
- Lucky Charms cookies – rainbow sprinkle cookies with a secret marshmallow stuffed inside, these are amazing!
- St. Patrick’s Day pudding cups – layers of chocolate, pudding, Oreos, and whipped cream get topped with a candy rainbow and gold coins! These are not only fun but so cute to look at!
- St. Patrick’s Day marshmallow pops – the most magical marshmallows you ever did see – easy to make and so fun to eat!
- Green velvet cupcakes – dark green cupcakes get filled with a pot of gold center, these are fun and delicious!
- Rainbow donuts – turn regular vanilla donuts into colored donuts with this simple recipe, and don’t forget the rainbow sprinkles!
Mint Grasshopper Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- green gel food coloring
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Andes mints (whole or chopped for garnish)
- Combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl or stand mixer. Mix on medium speed until fully blended.8 ounces cream cheese, 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Add mint extract and mix for 30 seconds to incorporate it into the cream cheese mixture.1/2 tsp mint extract
- Add the Cool Whip and fold it into the cream cheese mixture using a rubber spatula.8 ounces Cool Whip
- Once everything is well mixed, stir in the green food coloring a little at a time until it's the color you want and evenly distributed throughout.green gel food coloring
- Stir in the chocolate chips until well combined.1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Top with chopped Andes Mints then chill until ready to serve.Andes mints
- Serve chilled with your favorite dippers like Oreo cookies, graham crackers, chocolate graham crackers, vanilla wafers, fresh fruit, and more!