These easy s’mores brownie pie combine a graham cracker crust, fudgy brownies, chocolate bars, and mini marshmallows in a decadent s’mores pie that you won’t be able to stop eating! It’s a s’mores treat perfect for a camping trip, camping party, or even just a s’mores lover who wants a fun treat!
I’d like to think I am a bit of an expert when it comes to eating desserts. I have developed quite a sweet tooth over the years to prove it.
Even with all of those desserts, there are still very few things that I enjoy more than my favorite campfire treat, s’mores. In fact, I am pretty much a sucker for anything that uses graham crackers, a chocolate bar, and toasty marshmallows in it.
Since having a campfire with young kids is not always realistic, I wanted a new recipe to get my s’mores fix. These s’mores brownies are just the thing!
Not only do they have the classic flavors of a s’more but they are perfectly combined with homemade brownies, resulting in decadent s’mores brownies that are perfect for any occasion and guaranteed to join your favorite recipes.
The best thing about these delicious s’more brownies is that they are made in a slow cooker. That means you can easily make them ahead of time and they won’t take up any precious oven space. Just make the layers then forget about them until the smell is too tempting to ignore.
So whether you are going to a pool party, playing outdoor games, or enjoying a night in. these delicious s’mores brownies are the best choice for any occasion.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple ingredients – everything can easily be found at a grocery store, or if you are a baker like myself, you likely have a lot of these ingredients on hand.
- Make ahead – life gets hectic and brownies are a simple pleasure that is best served warm. No need to choose between getting things packed up and out the door or having warm brownies. Make this delicious treat hours before you have to go and they will be ready when you are, and still warm! Nothing better than that.
- Feeds a crowd – a great choice when you are wanting to feed a lot of people, or wanting leftovers to enjoy for several days.
- Graham cracker crumbs – you can easily use graham cracker sheets and make your own crumbs if you have them on hand or can’t find them in the store.
- Chocolate chips – you can use any type of chocolate chips you like. Being the dark chocolate lover that I am, I would opt for those instead of semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips.
- Chocolate bar – again, you can trade it out for semi-sweet or dark chocolate if you’d prefer.
- Mini marshmallows – these work just as well if you use large marshmallows. I don’t recommend using marshmallow fluff since it will get melty and not have the same toasted marshmallow taste.
- Brownies – you can use box brownies, just skip the steps that have to do with the easy brownie recipe and use your favorite boxed mix.
How to make slow cooker s’mores brownies
These homemade s’mores brownies are a little more complicated than the normal mix-and-bake steps that you find with a boxed brownie mix. Don’t let that stress you out, I have included detailed instructions and photos to help you along the way.
Simply follow the directions and, in a few hours, you’ll be enjoying some delicious fudgy s’mores brownies. It’s worth the extra effort. (Or you can use a box mix instead of the homemade brownie batter, which will work just fine too!)
1 – prepare slow cooker
First, prepare your slow cooker by placing one or two sheets of parchment paper inside to line the bottom of it. Then spray the liner with nonstick cooking spray. This will prevent the s’mores from sticking to the bottom of the slow cooker.
2 – make the crust
In a medium bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar with a wooden spoon.
Once all the ingredients are evenly mixed together, press the mixture into the bottom of the lined slow cooker.
3 – make the Brownie batter
Next, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat until it is melted. Be careful not to get the heat too hot or the butter will burn.
Remove the butter from the heat once melted, then 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips into the melted butter. Stir until the chocolate chips are fully melted.
After the chocolate chips are melted, stir in the sugar until it is fully combined into the butter mixture. Then add the the eggs in one at a time, stir after adding each one.
Finish mixing all the ingredients together until the egg, sugar, butter, and chocolate chips are all well combined.
Now add in the dry ingredients of flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix all the ingredients together again until evenly combined.
Once they’re combined, fold in the remaining cup of chocolate chips.
4 – add the batter into the slow cooker
Next evenly spread the chocolate batter over the graham cracker crust.
To do this without destroying the graham cracker crust, spoon a little in at a time then keep adding the chocolate until it covers the crust. If you need to, spread it around to make an even layer.
Then break the Hershey’s bar into small pieces and place those over the chocolate batter.
5- cook the S’mores
Turn the slow cooker to the lowest setting, put the lid back on, and cook the brownies for two hours.
Once the brownies are done cooking, add the marshmallows to the top of the melted chocolate, put the lid back on, and cook for another five to ten minutes. You want the marshmallows to be soft and almost melted but not burnt (unless you prefer it that way).
6- finishing touches
Remove the piece of parchment paper from the slow cooker (be careful, it may be hot) and allow the brownies to cool for a few minutes. Then use a sharp knife to cut the s’mores brownie pie into triangle pie pieces or if you want to go with s’mores brownies, you can cut them into squares as well.
Serve warm on its own or a la mode with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Try it with dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips to make it a darker dessert. This does make it have a darker taste so if you do this, it’s probably best for the adult crowd!
Switch out the mini marshmallows for regular size ones by using 40 regular marshmallows instead of the 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows.
To make it easier to remove from the cooker, place long stripes of parchment paper or foil under the original sheet of parchment paper. You can use these like handles to pull it out once it is done cooking.
Store the s’mores brownie pie in an airtight container for up to five days at room temperature. If you want to warm it up again before serving, place the room temperature pie in a cold oven and allow it to heat up while the oven preheats.
The best way to get crispy brownies is to use nice dark chocolate and melted butter.
Less eggs impact the texture and structure of the overall brownie. Less eggs can result in a dense and fudgy brownie with a richer flavor. It can also impact the moisture so be careful when reducing eggs.
Stick with butter for brownies, it is the better flavor enhancer.
More Easy S’mores Recipes
If you like s’mores and this s’mores brownie pie, make sure to try out these other delicious s’mores recipes!
- S’mores Bars – these magic s’mores bars use just a few ingredients to make bars that are magically delicious!
- S’mores Ideas – try out tons of different gourmet s’mores ideas with this fun s’mores board!
- S’mores Dip – an oven baked s’mores dip that’s ooey, gooey, and delicious!
- S’mores Cookies – three ingredient s’mores cookies that are as easy as they are tasty!
- Reese’s S’mores Bars – if you like peanut butter and s’mores, you have to try these bars!
Slow Cooker S’mores Brownie Pie
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup butter melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 ½ cups chocolate chips divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ Cups flour
- ¼ Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 milk chocolate hersheys bars
- 10 oz marshmallows
- Prepare your slow cooker by placing one or two sheets of parchment paper inside to line the bottom of it. Then spray the liner with nonstick spray.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar with a wooden spoon. Press the mixture into the bottom of the lined slow cooker.3 cups graham cracker crumbs, 3/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat until it’s melted. Add 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips into the melted butter and stir until the chocolate chips are fully melted. Set aside the other chocolate chips for later.1/2 cup butter, 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Stir in the sugar until it is fully combined into the butter mixture. Then add the the eggs in one at a time, stir after adding each one.1 cup sugar, 3 eggs
- Add in the dry ingredients of flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt to the batter and stir again.1 1/4 Cups flour, 1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 3/4 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt
- Fold in the remaining cup of chocolate chips to complete the brownie batter.
- Evenly spread the chocolate batter over the graham cracker crust.
- Break the Hershey’s bar into small pieces and place those over the chocolate batter. Turn the heat to low setting and cook the s'mores pie for two hours.4 milk chocolate hersheys bars
- Once the s’mores are done cooking, add the marshmallows to the top of the melted chocolate and put the lid back on and cook for another five to ten minutes.10 oz marshmallows
- Remove the piece of parchment paper from the slow cooker and slice the s'mores brownie pie into slices.