Think you know where all of the Stan Lee cameos are in the MCU? Test your expertise with this fun Stan Lee Cameos matching game. Another one of the best Avengers games for true Marvel fans!
This week is all about Stan Lee. Stan Lee cameos to be exact.
Who is Stan Lee?
Stan Lee is the comic-book creator behind many of the Marvel characters like Spider-Man, Hulk, Doctor Strange, and Thor.
He was the editor-in-chief, publisher, and chairman for Marvel Comics the corporation and worked hand in hand with Jack Kirby to create the individuals comics and characters.
Stan Lee is the mastermind behind the Marvel Universe and how it all tied together. Again, sort of.
But regardless, you can see why Stan Lee is important to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
Stan Lee Cameos in the MCU
Something else to know about Stan Lee is that he makes a cameo appearance in every one of the MCU films, even the horrific not Mark Ruffalo The Incredible Hulk.
It’s always a quick, out of the blue appearance, kind of like how Cap keeps just showing up and saying “on your left” to Falcon while they’re running. And to say, hey’s there the Stan Lee cameo.
Some of the movies have great ones and others are pretty meh.
And like with everything else in the MCU, there are theories about how Stan Lee’s character is connected across the films. It was revealed that he is the same character in all of the films during the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 cameo where he reminisces on the day when he was a FexEx delivery guy in another cameo. Again, sort of. We don’t actually know the real details, just that it was tied together in some way.
Kind of like when the Chyler Leigh (Alex) mentioned in Supergirl that she’d been a doctor in Seattle once. Oh Lexi!
One of my favorite cameos is still the cutting Thor’s hair scene in Thor Ragnarok but that might just be because I’m biased about short hair Thor. So much better than long hair Thor. And so much better than Thor: The Dark World.
The final Stan Lee cameo we got was in Avengers: Endgame since he passed away in 2018.
All Stan Leo Cameos
I’ve put together a list of all of the Stan Lee cameos in the MCU films below. And there’s a video of them too thanks to some random guy on YouTube who cut all of the scenes together so kindly for us!
- Iron Man – Tony Stark mistakes Stan Lee for Hugh Hefner
- The Incredible Hulk – a man who drinks soda poisoned by Hulk’s blood
- Iron Man 2 – Larry King
- Thor – pickup truck driver who can’t pickup Thor’s hammer (see what I did there!?!?)
- Captain America: The First Avenger – war general who thinks Cap should be taller
- Avengers – citizen who thinks the superheroes are just causing trouble in the city
- Iron Man 3 – beauty pageant judge
- Thor: The Dark World: A mental patient
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier – a security guard
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Xandarian ladies man that Rocket sees
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – drunk World War II veteran
- Ant-Man – bartender
- Doctor Strange – bus rider reading a book and oblivious to the madness going on outside the bus
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – An astronaut who many have theorized is a Watcher informant
- Spider-Man Homecoming – annoyed neighbor Gary (who was also in another Spider-Man movie)
- Thor: Ragnarok – the barber who cuts Thor’s hair (yessssss!)
- Black Panther – a player in the casino
- Avengers: Infinity War – driver of Peter Parker’s school bus
- Ant-Man and the Wasp – pedestrian whose car is shrunk by Wasp
- Captain Marvel – Riding a subway train reading lines from a screenplay
- Avengers: Endgame – car driver in the 1970s
Stan Lee Cameo Matching
Bored at work and obsessed with Marvel? Print out this little matching game and see if you can match the Stan Lee cameo with the movie it came from correctly! And while you’re at it, print out this Marvel matching game too!
Get the Free Printable
Enter your first name and email address below to get the free printable. You’ll be immediately taken to the PDF to download and receive a copy to your email shortly after.
If you can’t see the form below, click here to get to the form to enter your info.
Want to play with kids who will never get the Stan Lee cameos right? Print out two copies of the game and just cut out the black words.