These Harry Potter would you rather questions will have kids and adults alike trying to decide between having Liquid Luck or Truth Serum, . Fifty great would you rather scenarios to make even the biggest Harry Potter fan pause and think!
Harry Potter Fun
With Harry Potter’s birthday coming up at the end of the month, I thought it would be fun to share some Harry Potter games to celebrate!
These Harry Potter would you rather questions aren’t just for kids – they’re great for teens and adults too. Adults are often times the biggest Harry Potter fans of all!
Harry Potter fans will love these questions because they span all of the movies and make you think twice. It’s not just would you rather be a muggle or purebred but also more challenging questions like which potion would you rather take, who would you rather be related to, and more!
And writing this post totally has me wanting to go back to Universal Studios in Florida – one day!
The beauty of this game, just like with Harry Potter charades, is that all you really need are the questions! And if you want to use the cards – a printer, paper, and scissors to cut them out.
I’ve created a downloadable printable at the bottom of this post that includes instructions, a full-page PDF with all the questions, and the question cards you see in this post!
How to Play
There are a couple of different ways you can play this would you rather game. Or you can skip the game altogether and just answer them on your own or with friends!
Game #1 – Everyone Answers
This is the most typical version of a would you rather game. It’s super simple and keeps everyone involved in every question.
Simply pick out one of the cards (or a question from the list) then ask the entire group to answer which one they’d choose. Pick one person to start then go around in a circle until everyone has had a chance to answer.
Game #2 – Team Play
Now this is where the fun really gets started. One of my personal favorite ways to play any would you rather game is in teams.
Split everyone into teams of two – ideally people who kind of know each other, but that doesn’t really matter.
One team goes first. Pick out a question from the cards and ask that team the question. The two players can’t talk about it, they just have to come up with an answer in their head.
Then on the count of three, the team members have to yell out their answer. If they match each other, they get a point. Then move onto the next team and ask them a question and do the same thing for all the questions – rotating around teams.
The team with the most points at the end wins.
Game #3: Majority Match
Okay last option. For this one, instead of just choosing what you personally would rather do, you are trying to match what the majority will say.
Before you play, give everyone a piece of paper and pen or dry erase board and marker.
Ask the question and have people write down an answer. Then on the count of three everyone has to flip over their answer. Anyone who matches the majority wins a point – keep track of everyone’s points and at the end, the person who has the most points wins!
If you’re playing this as a party game of sorts – either the team or majority match version mentioned above, you could give out Bertie Bott’s jelly beans to the winner or one of these fun prize ideas!
- Harry Potter Uno
- Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook
- Butterbeer lip balm
- Magical map mug
- Harry Potter origami set
- Dobby succulent planter
- Accio Coffee Spoon
Would You Rather Questions
All of these are included in the downloadable PDF at the bottom of this post as well but in case you don’t want to print anything out, here’s the full list!
- Would you rather be a chaser or a keeper?
- Would you rather spend your day flying or snogging?
- Would you rather shop at Ollivander’s or Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes?
- Would you rather take a potion class or a defense against the dark arts class?
- Would you rather have Peruvian Instant Dark Powder or a Quick Quote Quill?
- Would you rather have truth serum or liquid luck?
- Would you rather re-read Sorcerer’s Stone or Deathly Hallows?
- Would you rather visit King’s Cross in England or the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida?
- Would you rather eat a booger or earwax flavored Bertie Bott’s bean?
- Would you rather be a Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff?
- Would you rather be an elf or a giant?
- Would you rather take Defense After the Dark Arts from Dolores Umbridge or Quirinus Quirrel?
- Would you rather be purebred or muggle born?
- Would you rather listen to a Star Wars or Harry Potter soundtrack?
- Would you rather own a unicorn or a hippogriff?
- Would you rather your patronus be a deer or a wolf?
- Would you rather be a member of the Order of the Phoenix or Dumbledore’s Army?
- Would you rather have Neville’s or Luna’s personality?
- Would you rather have Crookshanks or Scrabbers as a pet?
- Would you rather ride the Hogwarts Express or Buy a Wand at Ollivander’s?
- Would you rather have a pint at Hog’s Head or the Three Broomsticks?
- Would you rather visit Hogwart or meet Rupert Grind?
- Would you rather take a ride on Buckbeak or Harry’s Nimbus 2000 broom?
- Would you rather meet Emma Watson or Daniel Radcliffe?
- Would you rather meet John Cleese or Emma Thompson?
- Would you rather meet Ralph Fiennes or Alan Rickman?
- Would you rather wear a tie or scarf with your uniform?
- Would you rather own a Gryffindor Robe or a Quidditch jersey?
- Would you rather have an invisibility cloak or Hermoine’s time-turner?
- Would you rather have Hermonie’s bag (with the undetectable extension charm) or the Marauder’s Map?
- Would you rather be imprisoned at Azkaban or take a class from Dolores Umbridge?
- Would you rather frequently use the world brilliant or clver?
- Would you rather spend an evening with JK Rowling or JR Tolkien?
- Would you rather fight a troll or an acromantula?
- Would you rather study fortune telling from Sybill Trelawney or Charms from Filius Flitwick?
- Would you rather ride with Hagrid on his motorbike or the triple decker Knight bus?
- Would you rather fight Peter Pettigrew or Lucius Malfoy?
- Would you rather use polyjuice potion or the draught of peace?
- Would you rather retrieve a golden egg from a fire-breathing dragon or swim into the Blake Lake to collect a stolen item?
- Would you rather have a Harry Potter prequel or sequel?
- Would you rather watch Viktor Krum compete in the Quidditch World Cup or the Tri-Wizard tournament?
- Would you rather hang out with Dudley Dursley or Peter Pettigrew?
- Would you rather be friends with Fred Weasley or Cedric Diggory?
- Would you rather own the Elder Wand or the Resurrection Stone?
- Would you rather travel to London via the Weasley’s flying Ford Anglia or via thestrals?
- Would you rather die laughing (like Sirius Black) or in your sleep?
- Would you rather work for the Ministry of Magic or Gringott’s Wizarding Bank?
- Would you rather drink pumpkin juice or eat steak and kidney pie?
- Would you rather attend the Slug Club Christmas party or hang out with the Wealeys in the burrows?
- Would you rather shop at Diagon Alley or drink at the Leaky Cauldron?
- Would you rather try blood-flavored lollipop or acid pops?
- Would you rather go to battle with Dobby by your side or Snape?
- Would you rather be Harry Potter or Hermoine Granger?
- Would you rather have Nagini or Aragog a a pet?
Play virtually by choosing one person to be the question asker and letting everyone else on screen answer. Or have people put their answers up to the screen on the count of three for game 2 or 3!
Laminate the question cards if you think you’ll play it more than once with different people.
Start with different people if you’re playing the everyone answers game. That way the same people don’t always get put on the spot right away and the same people aren’t always waiting to answer.
Set a time limit if you’re concerned about people taking too long to answer in the everyone answers version of the game. Tell them they have to be ready to answer immediately when it’s their turn or they’ll just be skipped.
Change it up and have people try to match the minority instead of the majority when you’re playing with adults. It complicates it a bit more and can add extra laughs as people are trying to stay away from the majority, which then turns it into the majority.
Yes – either game #2 (team play) or game #3 (majority match) works great for a large group. You can play the regular ask everyone as well but it’ll take longer.
Yes! These questions are actually based on the movies since I figured more people had seen those than read the books.
I mean yes you can still play but you may not know what all the questions are referring to so just take your best guess. I recommend not having someone explain whats on the cards because they tend to add biased slant.
Not right now but if you want to see more questions, leave a comment on this post and I’ll add it to my list of things to work on!
As much as I’d like to think I’d be in Gryffindor, according to Buzzfeed I’m actually more Hufflepuff because of loyalty to friends. So I guess we’ll go with that!
Nope, I just like to use a variety of colors. There are 50 different question cards in four different colors.
More Would You Rather Games
- Marvel would you rather questions
- Star Wars would you rather questions
- Disney would you rather questions
- New Year’s Eve would you rather game
Download the Printable
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to get the printable PDF. You will receive a link to download the PDF to your email within minutes.
The PDF will include:
- A set of instructions
- A full-sheet PDF with all of the question
- 12 pages of colored would you rather question cards
- 12 pages of white would you rather question cards (same questions – different design for less ink – design seen below)
If you do not immediately receive the email, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders!
If you do not see the form below, click here to get to it.