This simple free Valentine’s Day word search printable is perfect for Valentine’s Day parties, classroom parties, or just a little Valentine’s Day fun for the kids! See how many of the Valentine’s Day words you can find and how quickly in this fun Valentine’s Day themed activity!
When my boys were younger they did a lot of i-spy type activities. You know the kind – the ones where they try to find all of the pictures on the sheet.
I’ve shared quite a few i-spy printables, from an Easter i-spy to a Christmas i-spy in the past.
But as my oldest gets older, he’s starting to outgrow the i-spy, especially now that he’s such a good reader!
So lately, I’ve been sharing lots of different word searches because they challenge him a bit more. And the other kiddos at the classroom parties I’ve been planning have been loving them as well!
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I made a free Valentine’s Day word search puzzle that includes a bunch of Valentine’s Day themed words!
It’s a great activity for kids of all ages forthe week of Valentine’s Day at school, a fun activity to put in a Valentine’s Day themed activity bucket, or something to fill downtime between all the Valentine’s Day games at a class Valentine’s Day party!
How to Use the Printable Valentine’s Day Word Search
I mentioned a couple of different times that you can use the free printables above but if you’ve never done a word search before, here are a few quick instructions for doing these with kids or a class:
- Hand one out to everyone and make sure they have a writing utensil
- Have kids search for the words in the word search, going at their own pace until they’ve found all of the words.
There are only 16 different words in this love word search, but word searches still can take kids a bit of time trying to find all of those vertical, horizontal, and diagonal words!
These are great to have kids work on while they’re eating Valentine’s Day snacks or if you need some downtime between game stations. They’ll enjoy a little holiday fun while chomping on chocolate truffles, brownie balls, and chocolate pudding cookies!
Or if you want to turn these into a game (you know I like my party games!), you could do one per team and turn it into a relay.
- Split the group into as many teams as you want, making sure each team has one word search.
- Place the word searches on a table across the room.
- When you say go, one player from each team runs across and tries to find a word in the search. When they circle a word, they cross it out and run back to their team.
- The next teammate then goes down and tries to find a word.
- Keep going until one team has found, circled, and crossed out all of the hidden words in their Valentine’s Day word search puzzles.
If you’re making an entire set of these, print on white card stock then laminate. Pass out with dry erase markers and let kids mark the words they find using dry erase markers. Then once everyone is done, have them hand the word searches back in, and just wipe them off. Store again for next year – it’s a perfect activity to do year after year!
If you’re doing this as a team competition, just print out copy of the free printable Valentine’s Day word search puzzle per team. If you’re doing one for everyone, then print out one free Valentine’s Day word search per person.
The free printable download at the bottom of this post comes with both the PDF format of the word search you see above as well as an answer key that you can use in case people can’t find a specific word.
More Valentine’s Day Printables
If you’re still looking for a cute Valentine idea after this word search, check out thees other fun printables that are perfect for Valentine’s Day class parties (or just fun the entire month of February!).
- Valentine Bingo – a Valentine’s Day themed version of the classic favorite, so much fun for any age!
- Valentine’s Day Trivia – a fun educational game that’s the perfect group activity (or party game) for February 14.
- Valentine’s Day would you rather – this is a great way to get kids (or every family member) talking about which of the two options they’d choose!
- Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt – there’s no better way to say Happy Valentine’s Day than with a scavenger hunt full of Valentine’s Day themed clues leading to a fun surprise! People of all ages love this one, not just the kids!
- Valentine’s matching game – this cute memory game is an educational way to have fun with elementary-school-aged children! Also great for working on memory retention of course (I could use some of that these days)!
Download the Printable Valentine’s Word Search
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to get the printable PDF file. You will receive a link to download the PDF to your email within minutes.
If you’d prefer to not provide your email to get the free printable word searches, you can purchase a copy in my shop here.
The PDF will include:
- Valentine’s Day word search
- Answer key
- Copyright use (all my printables are for personal use only)
If you do not immediately receive the email, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders!
If you do not see the form below, click here to get to it.
Leave a Comment