What’s a Halloween party without Halloween party decorations? These simple Halloween backdrop ideas only take a minutes to make and make a huge statement!
I can’t believe Halloween is right around the corner. I’m not a huge fan of costumes (except these DIY superhero costumes I made for my boys) but do love Halloween parties, so I’m excited to share this fun Halloween backdrop that I made a few years ago and recreate almost every year because it’s so easy!
It only takes a few minutes to make, leaving you plenty of time to play Halloween games like this trick or treat game instead!
Halloween Backdrop Supplies
- White streamers – I recommend getting good quality streamers rather than the super cheap stuff so they don’t rip.
- Command Brand mounting strips (you could also use double-sided tape, I’ve just found it’s not as good as coming off the walls cleanly)
- Scissors – any regular pair of scissors will work, it’s just for cutting the streamers. You could also just tear it, but if you want nice straight lines, cutting works better!
- Paper spiders – I cut mine with my Cricut Explore, but you could totally just buy some or cut them out with scissors!
How to Make a Spiderweb Halloween Backdrop
I had this vision of making a massive spiderweb behind my table to go with my spiderweb tablecloth (and I was serving spider cookies and spider web pretzels) and honestly was worried it’d be difficult.
It turned out so easy, even doing it completely on my own. It’d be even easier if you had a helper to hold the streamers as you go!
Attach a clear mounting strip to the back of the end of the streamer (make sure to follow instructions!) and attach it to the wall.
Cut one strip of the streamer that leads into the middle of the spiderweb and use another mounting strip on the other end to attach.
Repeat to create the base of the web with seven different strips leading out from the center.
Then use small pieces of streamers to connect those interior pieces together, in a spider web pattern.
Add in some little spiders and you’ve got an awesome Halloween backdrop that not only stays up well but makes a spooktacular statement!
More Halloween Backdrop Ideas
If a spider web isn’t what you were looking for, check out these other gorgeous Halloween backdrop ideas too!
- Halloween balloon arch – while not technically a backdrop, it’s a great statement piece to go with any other Halloween party ideas!
- Black bat garland – this hanging black bat garland adds a nice touch of Halloween decor without flying over the top!
- Floating head balloons – add these cute floating head balloons above your Halloween party table for a floating backdrop!
- Paper Fan backdrop – this gorgeous collection of paper fans adds beautiful texture, color, and intrigue to an otherwise bare Halloween wall!
- Creepy photos – hang creepy holographic photos like these ones with some sort of holographic or Halloween themed tablecloth for a very creepy and cool backdrop.
- Orange fringe – if you want to go simple, try this orange fringe backdrop combined with some sort of black banner, the black bat garland, or even a couple of paper fans!
- A ghostly treat table – this fun ghost treat table is actually attached to the wall and pretty spooktacular all by itself but great with a party table!
DIY Halloween Backdrop
- White streamers
- Command Brand mounting strips
- Paper spiders
- Attach a clear mounting strip to the back of the end of the streamer (make sure to follow instructions!) and attach it to the wall.White streamers, Command Brand mounting strips
- Cut one strip of the streamer that leads into the middle of the spiderweb and use another mounting strip on the other end to attach.
- Repeat to create the base of the web with seven different strips leading out from the center.
- Then use small pieces of streamers to connect those interior pieces together, in a spider web pattern.
- Add in some little spiders using leftover mounting strips.Paper spiders
Leave a Comment