These fun glow stick valentines are a fun way to give out non-candy Valentine’s Day surprises to kids! Kids will love handing these out to their friends with a glow stick attached or with some other light source! Just print, cut, and hand out!
There’s just something fun about glow sticks and really anything that lights up – flashlights, night lights, glow sticks. If it lights up, kids are likely going to like it.
I know my boys do. My youngest runs around with a little miniature flashlight almost every day.
And glow sticks are just plain fun.
These printable valentines are the perfect way for kids to give out non-candy Valentine’s Day surprises to their friends who light up their lives with their friendship!
Or you could put these (along with this Valentine’s Day would you rather game) in a take home bag from a classroom party, at the end of a Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt, or even in one of these cute Valentine’s Day baskets!
Light valentine designs
I always think it’s fun to offer variety so for these glow stick valentines, I made two different designs depending on what you’re looking for.
Okay well technically four designs because each of them has a white background design and a colored background design, but just two totally different designs.
One features a heart holding a light up wand and one features a heart shaped firework! Either one would work really well with any sort of light source or glow stick!
You can see the heart holding the wand in the photos in this post; the firework design is below!
How to Make Glow Stick Valentines
If you want to give these out as glow stick valentines, just use a hole punch to add a hole in the top and bottom of the valentines and slip a glow stick right through the valentine. Sign the back of the cards and you’re done!
Or if you’d rather do something else that works with these designs, here are a couple of additional ideas that would be delightful!
Light Up Gift ideas
- Mini flashlights – kids love these flashlights we used for our camping party a few years ago!
- Mini nightlights – I grabbed the ones you can see in the picture below in the Target dollar spot last year, they were perfect for these!
- Light up jewelry or trinkets – we used these for a 4th of July party last year, and they were a HIT!
- Light up fidgets – fidgets are always a good choice for elementary aged kids right now!
- Flashing Ring Pops – these are really fun!
If you’re looking for something bigger (like to give your own kids…), you could do a lava lamp, light up shoes, a moon light like this one, or anything else with light!
More Printable Valentines
If you’re still looking for other printable Valentine’s Day cards for kids, you’ll love these!
- Starburst Valentines – these are a simple candy valentine that you can make and hand out pretty quickly!
- Baby Yoda valentines – the more adorable valentines in all the galaxy!
- Bear valentines – these valentines are BEARY cute! Perfect for giving out with little gummy bears or teddy bears.
- Car valentines – a set of fun valentines full of cars, planes, and trains!
- Dinosaur valentines – these valentines are dino-mite!
want more Valentines??
Download the Glow Stick Valentines
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to get the printable PDF. You will receive a link to download the PDF to your email within minutes.
If you do not see the form, click here to get to it.
If you’d rather not provide your email, you can get a copy in my shop here.
If you do not receive the email immediately after you fill out the form, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders! Emails will be sent within a few minutes.
The file will include:
- White background you light up my world valentines
- Colored background you light up my world valentines
- White background you are de-light-ful valentines
- Colored background you are de-light-ful valentines