I’m a huge fan of angel food cake combined with fruit, so this angel food cake with a simple homemade raspberry sauce is one of my all-time favorite desserts. And it’s perfect for holiday parties because it’s so simple to make and works great to serve in individual portions.
I first saw this recipe idea on a Food Network cooking show forever and a year ago when all Richie and I did was watch cooking shows. Okay, maybe not all, but we watched a lot of cooking shows.
I loved how simple it was and tried it out first with my in-laws that Thanksgiving. It’s also perfect for a holiday cocktail party!
All you need is three ingredients – angel food cake, frozen raspberries, and powdered sugar.
Put your frozen raspberries in a small pot on the stove, add your powdered sugar, and cook until the raspberries are reduced and thickened into a nice sweet sauce. And while your raspberries are cooking, chop the angel food cake into bite-sized pieces, or better yet, cubes.
One of my favorite ways to serve this is by putting the angel food cubes you just cut up into cups and then pouring some raspberry sauce right over the angel food cake in the cups.
This makes it perfect for a holiday party or holiday cocktail party where you want people to be able to just pick up a quick snack or dessert without bulky dishes, etc. This is perfect because they can eat what’s in the cup and toss the cup in the trash once they’re done.
Homemade Raspberry Sauce
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup powdered sugar (amount depends on how sweet you want your sauce)
- Heat small pot over low-medium heat on the stove.
- Add raspberries and powdered sugar then stir until well combined.
- Heat raspberry mixture together until heated through and until it reaches desired thickness.
- Remove from heat and transfer to heat safe bowl until you're ready to use the sauce.