This sparkling New Year’s Eve punch combines two simple ingredients with some ice for a fun sparkling drink that both kids and adults will love! Make it in minutes for a sparkling drink to enjoy when the ball drops!
If there is one time of year for a sparkling drink, it’s New Year’s Eve!
While most of the time I just break out a couple of bottles of sparkling cider, it’s fun to change things up with this sparkling New Year’s Eve punch instead!
I first tried this punch at a Christmas party a couple of years ago and it was one of the first times that not only did I drink a number of glasses at the party, I volunteered to take home leftovers the punch when the party was over.
I drank the leftovers for days and it was delicious every time.
When I asked my friend for the recipe, I couldn’t believe how easy it was! I’ve made it numerous times since and it’s been just as delicious every single time.
While I’m calling this a New Year’s Eve punch because of the white color, you could really make this as a Christmas punch, a birthday punch, a baby shower punch, or really a punch for any occasion.
It’s the perfect addition to any New Year’s Eve party! Set it out for a little refreshment after these New Year’s Eve games or even for people to enjoy while playing these New Year’s Eve trivia games or after laughing their heads off during these New Year’s Eve would you rather questions.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy – with just two ingredients, this New Year’s Eve punch couldn’t be any easier to make! Plus, the ingredients are simple to find and have on hand to make whenever you want!
- Great taste – unlike a typical sherbet holiday punch, this punch has a unique sparkling flavor that’s gourmet enough to serve to adults but also yummy for kids!
- Sonic ice – this is best with Sonic or nugget ice but would also work okay with crushed ice, you’ll just need a good amount, which is why a bag of Sonic ice is your best bet. You can get them at Sonic for typically just a few dollars and you’ll need half a bag (five pounds).
- White grape juice concentrate – you need the actual concentrate for this punch, not white grape juice. The concentrate will get diluted with the addition of the ice and combine for the perfect flavor!
- Fresca – if you can’t find Fresca, you can replace it with Shasta Diet Grapefruit soda, but I personally prefer the Fresca (and it’s easier to find than Shasta).
How to Make New Year’s Eve Punch
One of the best things about this sparkling punch is how easy it is to make.
All you need to do is combine the entire 2-liter of Fresca and the can of white grape juice concentrate in a large punch bowl and stir until well combined.
Just before serving, pour half a bag (about five pounds) of Sonic ice into the juice mixture and stir to combine. The ice will dilute strong flavor of the concentrate and turn it into a delicious punch recipe.
Serve in fun New Year’s Eve glasses with their rims dipped in gold or colored sugar crystals, even better if they are fancy glasses to make it feel more festive!
Don’t add the Sonic ice until just before serving. And make sure to add it to the actual punch bowl, don’t try to just serve over ice – it’s an actual ingredient that changes the flavor of the recipe.
When the punch gets almost empty, just add another can of white grape juice concentrate, another 2-liter of Fresca, and another 1/2 bag of Sonic ice. The small amount of punch at the bottom of the punch bowl won’t impact the flavor of the punch.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to three days. The flavor may get a little more diluted as the ice melts, but it will still taste okay!
I recommend making this in a punch bowl so you have space for all of the Sonic ice but if you don’t have a punch bowl, you could also use a large punch dispenser such as this one. I do not recommend making this in a smaller pitcher.
While Sonic ice is best, you could also use five pounds of nugget ice of any kind (we love our nugget ice maker!) or for the last resort, you could do five pounds of crushed ice.
More Easy Drink Recipes
If you liked this sparkling punch recipe, you’ll love these other drink recipes!
- Grinch punch – this fun Grinch punch has a Grinchy green color and a delicious flavor!
- Homemade wassail – this great holiday drink is perfect for warming up on a cold winter day!
- Peppermint hot chocolate – a thick and creamy hot chocolate recipe upgraded with a little peppermint flavor!
- Thanksgiving punch – this is the best orange cranberry punch combination, great for Thanksgiving or any holiday!
- Cotton candy drink – this fun drink turns a strawberry mocktail into a sparkling surprise with a little cotton candy!
Sparkling New Year’s Eve Punch
- 2-liter Fresca
- 12 oz white grape juice concentrate
- ½ bag Sonic ice about five pounds
- Combine the entire 2-liter of Fresca and the can of white grape juice concentrate in a large punch bowl and stir until well combined.2-liter Fresca, 12 oz white grape juice concentrate
- Pour half a bag (about five pounds) of Sonic ice into the juice mixture and stir to combine.1/2 bag Sonic ice