This Oscar trivia game is fun to play before you watch Hollywood’s biggest night of the year! See how many of the over twenty Oscar trivia questions you can answer and how well you know the Academy Awards!
Oscar Trivia Game
With the Academy Awards coming up soon and people looking for Oscar party ideas, I thought it would be fun to take a look back at Oscar history and big events that have happened during the Oscars over the years.
I mean who will ever forget when La La Land was given the Best Picture nomination on accident when in reality it should’ve been Moonlight.
For anyone who loves the movies, these Oscar trivia questions are perfect! Also great for an Oscar or Hollywood themed party even if it’s not the actual night of the Academy Awards!
Anyway, guess I should get back to the actual game!
Printable Oscar Trivia Game
This game is full of questions that likely won’t change that often and questions that aren’t super specific.
There’s no – what won best picture in 1959 or who won best actress for Gone with the Wind. Or who hosted the 1987 Oscars. Those are things I just don’t know if anyone is going to remember to be honest unless maybe you’re my dad.
These questions are based on the history of the Academy Awards (first award ceremonies), superlatives (youngest winner, most nominated, etc.), and big Oscar events (Moonlight and La La Land mixup).
I tried to include questions that at least some people might know as well as some that are a little more challenging so not everyone knows everything.
There are twenty total questions. Give everyone a printable, let them answer questions, and see who can get the most correct!
And don’t forget the prizes. I’ve got a bunch of great Oscar prize ideas in this Oscar bingo cards post!
Oscar Trivia Questions & Answers
- WHERE WAS THE VERY FIRST ACADEMY AWARDS PRESENTATION HELD? Roosevelt Hotel
- WHICH ACTOR/ACTRESS HAS RECEIVED THE MOST TOTAL OSCAR NOMINATIONS? Meryl Streep
- WHAT WAS THE LONGEST MOVIE TO WIN THE OSCAR FOR BEST PICTURE? Gone with the Wind
- WHO IS THE OLDEST ACTOR/ACTRESS TO EVER WIN AN OSCAR? Christopher Plummer
- WHICH ACTOR/ACTRESS HAS THE MOST TOTAL NOMINATIONS WITHOUT A WIN? Peter O’Toole
- NAME ONE OF THE THREE MOVIES THAT HAVE WON THE TOP FIVE AWARDS
BEST PICTURE, DIRECTOR, ACTOR, ACTRESS, AND SCREENPLAY). It Happened One Night, Silence of the Lambs, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- IN 2013, THE CARD IN THE ENVELOPE FOR BEST ANIMATED FEATURE ACCIDENTALLY
SAID “WRECK-IT-RALPH.” WHAT SHOULD IT HAVE SAID? Brave
- NAME THE ONLY SILENT FILM THAT HAS WON THE BEST PICTURE OSCAR. Wings
- WHAT YEAR WERE THE FIRST ACADEMY AWARDS HELD? 1929
- WHO HOSTED THE VERY FIRST ACADEMY AWARD CEREMONY? Douglas Fairbanks
- WHY WAS THE 1968 ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY POSTPONED TWO DAYS? MLK Assassination
- HOW TALL IS THE OSCAR STATUE? 13.5 inches
- WHO HAS HOSTED THE OSCARS THE MOST TIMES (19 TIMES)? Bob Hope
- WHAT WAS THE FIRST SEQUEL TO EVER WIN BEST PICTURE? Godfather 2
- WHO IS THE YOUNGEST ACTOR/ACTRESS TO EVER WIN AN OSCAR? Tatum O’Neal
- WHO IS THE FIRST FEMALE TO WIN THE BEST DIRECTOR AWARD? Kathryn Bigelow
- WHAT WAS THE FIRST ANIMATED FEATURE TO BE NOMINATED FOR BEST PICTURE? Beauty & The Beast
- WHO WAS THE ONLY ACTOR TO EARN 2 NOMINATIONS IN THE SAME CATEGORY? Barry Fitzgerald
- IN 2017, WHICH FILM WAS ACCIDENTALLY CALLED FOR BEST PICTURE INSTEAD
OF THE ACTUAL WINNER – MOONLIGHT? La La Land
- WHICH AWARD HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED LAST SINCE 1973? Best Picture
Other Oscar Party Ideas
- 2020 Oscar ballot
- Oscar bingo cards
- Oscar party game idea
- Oscar party ideas
- Easy fruit dip (serve with star shaped fruit)
- Star mini pizzas
Download the Oscar Trivia Game
Enter your first name and email address to get the free printable Oscar trivia questions. As soon as you submit the form, you’ll immediately be taken a PDF that has a full-sheet PDF, a half-sheet PDF, and a full-page answer sheet.
You’ll also receive an email with a link to download the printable PDF later. If you do not see the form, click here to get to it.