These easy buffalo chicken roll ups are the perfect game day appetizer! Everyone’s favorite buffalo chicken dip flavors are rolled up inside of a flavorful and crunchy piece of naan flatbread then baked to perfection. They’re simple to make and won’t last long on any game day food table!
This post was originally posted and sponsored by Stonefire in 2017 and has since been updated.
One of the most popular themes each year is a game day party, and one of my all-time favorite game day party foods is buffalo chicken dip. It’s a party staple at our house. But for parties, this buffalo chicken dip recipe has one main problem – when it cools down, it’s kind of hard to dip. Reheating it is easy but still.
I still make it all the time, but I like to make other things with buffalo chicken dip flavors as well!
These buffalo chicken roll ups are the perfect solution – buffalo chicken dip flavors all rolled up inside of a soft flatbread. It doesn’t really matter if they’re serve warm or at room temperature, they’re still delicious!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Customize the heat – since you’re the one making this recipe, you can adapt the amount of buffalo sauce you use to match your tastes. Use a little for some heat and a lot for a lot of heat!
- Super simple – these are really like the easiest thing ever! Just layer, roll, and bake!
- Great flavor – the combination the naan and the buffalo chicken makes for a perfect savory appetizer (or dinner!) everyone will love.
- Finger food – unlike buffalo chicken dip that you need to dip into, this roll ups are finger food you can grab and eat anywhere. Perfect for your next football party!
One of the best things about these buffalo chicken roll ups is that they use very few ingredients! It’s another reason I love them!
- Stonefire Naan – even if this post wasn’t originally sponsored, I would be using Stonefire Naan. It’s our family’s absolutely favorite and naan of choice.
- Shredded chicken – I love to make shredded chicken in our Instant Pot!
- Buffalo sauce – we typically just use Frank’s buffalo sauce but you can use your favorite!
- Cream cheese – just a brick of regular old cream cheese will do
- Shredded Italian cheese – I typically use a blend of Italian cheeses but you could also just combine a variety of cheeses – mozzarella, Parmesan, etc.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups
These buffalo chicken dip rollups are simple to make, but there’s one key step that you can’t skip.
You have to pre-cook the naan in the oven for a few minutes first. If you don’t, they will just crumble when you try to roll them. And no one wants buffalo chicken naan crumbles.
Once your naan is warmed, cut it into four even strips.
Top each strip with cream cheese, shredded buffalo chicken, and shredded Italian cheese. Roll from one end to the other and place in a muffin tin to bake.
The muffin tin will help the roll keep its shape while cooking, but if you’re really worried about it, you can use a toothpick to keep them together. Just make sure to take the toothpicks out before you serve to your guests.
Bake then serve with ranch dressing to counteract the heat of the buffalo sauce. Or skip the ranch and see who can tough it out. It is game day after all.
Don’t forget to pre-bake the naan. It makes a huge difference, honestly it’s the only way you can make this recipe!
Try out different variations of roll ups if buffalo chicken isn’t your favorite. I like to make these with spinach artichoke dip, taco meat and toppings, or even a dessert version with cinnamon sugar and chocolate.
Use a toothpick to help keep the rolls together if you’re having issues with them staying together in the muffin tins. Remove the toothpicks carefully once baked.
When I think of pinwheels, I typically think of a cold appetizer that’s made with a tortilla outside. Roll ups are more like cinnamon rolls in that they’re baked and served warm with a bread like outside.
These are fairly mild when it comes to buffalo chicken heat levels but they have enough heat that I wouldn’t personally serve them to my toddler. You can cut down on the buffalo sauce or add more depending on your preference.
More Easy Appetizers
You can’t serve just buffalo chicken roll ups for your appetizer spread! Try one of these yummy recipes to go with it!
- Layered taco dip – forget everything you know about taco dip and try this taco dip with meat instead!
- Pizza roll ups – if you like these buffalo roll ups, you’ll love this pizza variation as well!
- Soft pretzel bites – a game day favorite and perfect for the entire family!
- Cheddar pigs in a blanket – a cheesy take on a classic favorite, but better!
- Bacon wrapped smokies – if you like a little heat, you’ll love these bacon wrapped smokies with a hot honey glaze!
Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups
- 3 packs Original Stonefire Naan 2 inches each
- 1 lb chicken shredded
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 24 muffin tins with non-stick baking spray.
- Combine shredded chicken and buffalo sauce in large bowl or plastic bag until completely coated.
- Place naan on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 4 minutes to soften.
- Cut each naan into four even strips.
- Top each strip with cream cheese, buffalo chicken, and shredded Italian cheese.
- Roll naan strip from one side to the other then place roll into prepared muffin tin then sprinkle with more cheese. Repeat until all 24 muffin tins are filled.
- Bake in preheated oven for an additional 6-8 minutes or until naan is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve hot or at room temperature with ranch dressing for dipping.
Tips & Notes:
Game Day Bingo
Food is just one key ingredient to hosting an awesome game day party. It may be a game day party, but that doesn't mean you don't need any games of your own. I'm all about simple games that your guests can play while watching the game.
I created these free printable bingo cards to play while watching the game day commercials. They're generic enough that they should work for any game day party, not just a specific event.
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to get the printable. If the form isn't showing up below, click here to get to the form to download the printable files.
I've created generic cards to use or you can get more specific game day commercial bingo cards here. The generic ones are perfect for all ages - adults down to even the youngest kids who can recognize a dog or horse on the screen.
My son loves playing with us on game day!