These free printable Earth Day activities for kids are a fun way to get kids asking questions and thinking about what they can do better to help save Planet Earth. This printable activities pack is made up of five educational and entertaining ways to teach kids about Earth Day and taking care of our planet!
Grab these fun Earth Day activities to use with your children for a perfect Earth Day activity. They’re great for moms of young kids looking for Earth Day preschool worksheets and wonderful for teachers with kids in kindergarten through late elementary school.
Or even just moms looking for a great starting point to teach for their kids how to take care of our Earth on April 22nd! Or just looking for a fun way to celebrate happy Earth Day!
Using these Earth Day activities is a good way to supplement your other learning activities or lesson plans. Students of all ages seem to have fun making tissue paper butterflies (great Earth Day craft!), making animals out of play dough or clay, and going out on a nature scavenger hunt or nature walk!
Or do a fun activity with an Earth Day theme at home by making dirt cookies or a dirt cake (complete with gummy worms) together!
Once the day is over, kids can gather around the dinner table and share what they learned about Earth Day while having fun doing activities on these printable placemats. You could even ask some of these Earth Day questions to keep the fun going!
How To Use Earth Day Printables
There are so many different ways you can use these printables. You may use them a little differently whether you’re using them with young children, kindergarten students, or even older students!
Start by downloading the Earth Day printable pack PDF at the bottom of this post. Once you’ve printed out the activities, grab your kids, some crayons, colored pencils or markers, and a few pencils, and hand out the pages.
Explain the Earth Day activity directions to the kiddos and watch their imaginations explore as they take on these fun activities.
Take the simple aspects of each page for the younger kids – find different letters on the page, work on sounding out blends for beginner readers, and everyone can have fun coloring the fun coloring page.
Older kids will enjoy creating their own comic strips and drawing activities they can do to help take care of our Earth!
Or even getting lost in the word search. Even I enjoy getting lost in a little word search every once in a while.
There’s an activity for everyone of all ages to learn a little something about Earth Day with these free printables.
List of Earth Day Printables
This printable bundle pack has something for kids of all ages. Each of the five pages can be used for various grade levels and abilities: 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and even 4th grade too!
The fun Earth Day worksheets pack includes everything you need to have a great time teaching Earth day lessons to young students or for hours of learning fun at home!
- Two free coloring page options with an Earth Day theme (globe and bees + trees)
- A comic strip page (can also be used for a drawing page showing simple ways kids can help on Earth Day)
- Things I can do to be an Earth Day superhero page
- Earth Day word search + answer sheet
More Earth Day Celebration Ideas
Make celebrating Earth Day an annual event by trying out some of these fun ideas every year:
- Outdoor scavenger hunt – this fun outdoor scavenger hunt will have kids trying to find items in the great outdoors! This would make the perfect Earth Day game!
- Tree cookie decorating ideas – decorate these fun cookies as trees and talk about how our actions with recycling can make a big difference for saving trees! It’s also one of the most fun edible Earth Day crafts!
- Recycling race – head to a local park and do this fun race idea that challenges kids to better understand what can and cannot be recycled! It’ll make it much easier to have kids help you fill the recycling bin!
- Neighborhood scavenger hunt – this one’s great for preschool kids because it has both words and pictures of many things around a neighborhood that could be incorporated into a talk about taking care of our beautiful earth!
- Indoor activities for kids – try out one of the fun activities on this list that uses recycled materials while talking about the importance of recycling and taking care of Mother Earth!
- Reading activities for kids – pick up some Earth Day books from your local library and do one of these fun reading activities after reading the book! It’s a great way to work on literacy skills while also doing meaningful Earth Day activities!
- Earth themed random acts of kindness – pick things from this random acts of kindness list that are outdoor or Earth Day-themed and do those as a way for some free Earth Day activities!
Download the Free earth Day Printables
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to get the printable PDF.
You will receive a link to download the PDF to your email within minutes.
If you’d prefer to not provide your email, you can purchase a copy in my shop (that includes the Earth Day questions – a great activity for older kids – as well) here.
If you do not see the form, click here to get to it.
If you do not see the email immediately after you fill out the form, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders.
The file will come with:
- Two coloring pages for children of all ages
- Word search and answer sheet
- Comic strip
- Earth Day superheroes writing worksheet
Leave a Comment