If you love pizza, you’ll love these easy pizza roll ups! Wrap your favorite pizza toppings in crescent rolls, brush with butter and spices, and enjoy pizza in a bite-sized form! Enjoy them as game day appetizers or a quick dinner the entire family will love!
There is something about pizza that everyone loves! While I love to serve pizza at parties, I actually prefer to make things that are easier to share like mini pizza pies, pizza loaf, and even mini calzones!
These pepperoni pizza roll ups are the latest in my pizza recipes and they may just be my favorite. Okay, well at least second to pizza loaf but pretty sure that’s just because it’s nostalgic.
Whether you call these pizza roll ups or homemade pizza rolls, they’re delicious. And unlike some of the other recipes you’ll see out there, these have a yummy flavor upgrade with the addition of some butter and pizza seasoning!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy to make – add your toppings, roll, and bake. These really couldn’t be easier! They’re also a great recipe, kind of like these cheddar pigs in a blanket, that kids can help with!
- Great for a crowd – since they’re so easy to make, it’s the perfect recipe for a crowd! You can make a bunch in no time flat, much easier than making actual pizzas for everyone!
- Make ahead recipe – prep these roll ups ahead of time then just pop them in the oven right before you’re ready to serve!
- Customizable – don’t like pepperoni? Try them with just cheese or how about with buffalo chicken dip inside. Once you have the technique and base recipe down, you can make them with really any toppings you want!
- Cheese sticks – you can also use chunks of mozzarella cheese if you’d prefer, but I like the simplicity of the cheese sticks.
- Pepperoni – any type of pepperoni works, just choose your favorite size and style!
- Red pepper flakes – if you’re serving these to kids who can’t handle a little spice, skip the red pepper flakes.
- Butter – you can switch the butter out for marinara or pizza sauce inside, but I personally prefer to just dip them in sauce after they’re baked!
- Crescent rolls – get the actual crescent rolls, not the sheets. If you do have the sheets, do your best to cut them into triangles similar in size to regular crescent rolls!
These are so simple to make and a great recipe for kids to help out with! My son loves helping to add the pizza toppings and to roll up the rolls! Just make sure that you are doing anything that includes the actual oven or heat!
To get started, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
While the oven is preheating, make your pizza rolls up.
First, unroll the crescent roll dough and brush each triangle with melted butter.
Next, sprinkle each of the triangles with oregano and red pepper flakes. Don’t skip this step – it makes these SO yummy and better than all the other pizza roll ups I’ve seen out there.
Next, place 3 slices of pepperoni on the larger end of each triangle and add a half a cheese stick to each triangle on top of the pepperoni.
You could also use regular shredded mozzarella cheese instead of a cheese stick instead, but the cheese sticks melt great and are super easy to get the right amount of cheese!
Fold the sides in over the cheese and pepperoni and then roll up and pinch to seal the seams. Make sure you do this step otherwise your cheese is all going to leak out – no good!
Place on the prepared baking sheet at least 2 inches apart and brush all over with about 1 tablespoon melted butter.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the rolls are golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush all over with the remaining tablespoon of butter and garnish with parsley.
Let the pizza roll ups cool until they’re cool enough to handle then serve warm with your favorite pizza or marinara sauce for dipping.
The cheese stick melts perfectly and combines with the pepperoni and the oregano butter for the most amazing flavor!
Prep these ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake. Bake last minute to serve warm or at room temperature.
Wrap the baked pizza roll ups individually then freeze for up to three months in a freezer safe storage container. When you’re ready to reheat, just pop them in the oven at 350 degrees until they warm up.
Serve with your favorite pizza sauce or marinara sauce for dipping. If you don’t have any on hand, here’s a great homemade pizza sauce you could use as well.
Yes, make sure to refrigerate any of the leftover roll ups because of the meat and cheese inside.
These would be great with any other appetizer like these bacon wrapped smokies, crockpot jelly meatballs, or something not so meaty like these spinach artichoke cups.
Or if you want to make these for dinner and go with an Italian theme, they’d be really good with this Instant Pot fettuccine alfredo, easy baked ziti, or sweet spaghetti sauce.
More Pizza Recipes
What can I say, I like pizza! I mean I do have a brick oven in my backyard! And if you like pizza, you’ll love these recipes!
- English Muffin Pizza – four delicious variations and tips on making the best english muffin pizzas!
- Sausage gravy breakfast pizza – it’s like biscuits and gravy and pizza had a baby, these breakfast pizzas are so yummy!
- Homemade pepperoni rolls – pepperoni rolls two was, both absolutely delicious!
Easy Pizza Roll Ups
- 2 8 ounce cans of crescent rolls
- 4 TBS salted butter (melted and divided)
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 48 slices pepperoni
- 8 mozzarella cheese sticks (halved lengthwise)
- marinara or pizza sauce (optional for dipping)
- parsley (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and brush each triangle with melted butter.
- Sprinkle each triangle with oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Place three slices pepperoni on the larger end of each triangle, then place one half piece of cheese on top of pepperoni.
- Gold the sides in over the cheese and pepperoni and then roll up and pinch to seal the seams. Place on prepared baking sheet at least 2" apart and brush all over with melted butter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until rolls are golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with remaining butter and garnish with parsley if desired.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce for dipping.