Trying to decide what to pack for a weekend trip? These three free printable weekend packing list checklists are perfect for a girls weekend, romantic weekend getaway, or even a beach weekend with the family! Perfect for anyone who needs help packing for a weekend trip – no matter the occasion or destination!
While I normally prefer to travel for longer time periods, I’ve been doing a lot of weekend getaways ever since my son started school last fall. You just can’t get up and leave for weeks at a time when it means taking the kids out of school. Especially back in Texas where the attendance policies are strict!
And now that I have a brand new baby, it feels like weekend trips are going to be a new standard. It’s a lot easier to leave (or travel with) a small baby at home for a few days than a few weeks.
Goodbye Europe and hello Gulf Shores.
After going on so many weekend trips (hello Daytona Beach and a Galveston) in the past few years, I feel like an expert in packing for a weekend trip these days. That expertise even worked when I had no idea where I was going or what I was doing during our surprise vacation earlier this year!
Weekend Packing List
The secret to packing for a weekend trip is to try and pack as light as possible while still being prepared for all of your activities. I’ve broken packing into four different categories of outfits to make it easier.
- Travel/Casual Wear – Comfortable clothes that are still nice enough for a casual dinner out the day you arrive or morning activities the day you leave
- Activity Wear – Don’t mistake this for active (workout) gear. Activity wear should be packed based on what you’re actually doing in your destination. Going to the beach? Bring beach wear. Going to the spa – bring spa wear. Check out my recommendations for three different weekend getaways below.
- Night Out Wear – This could be for a fancy dinner, a night out with the girls, or a nicer dinner with your family – something that’s a step up from your casual clothes.
- Comfy Wear – These are the add-on outfits – PJs, bathing suit, lingerie, etc.
If you bring clothes to fit all of these categories, you’re golden no matter what you’re going.
Now let’s look at three examples of how to pack for a weekend trip – a romantic weekend, a girls weekend, and a family beach weekend to be exact. I’ve also included free printable weekend trip packing lists for each of these scenarios so you don’t forget anything!
Other than the four categories listed above, the one thing in common for all three packing lists is good bras. A good bra can make the difference between feeling supported and confident and well, not.
I’m a huge fan of Cacique Intimates bras (and their other product lines) because not only do they have the most comfortable bra I’ve ever tried (hello True Embrace Lightly Lined T-Shirt Bra) and have in seven different colors, but they also have a bra style for every occasion. Well maybe not every occasion, but pretty close.
And they just recently expanded their line of bras so not only are they sold in plus sizes (like they have been doing for the past 30 years) but now Cacique is selling their bras in pretty much every size imaginable. Band sizes 32-50 and cup sizes A-K to be exact.
And their panties, sleep, and loungewear are available in sizes 0-28 with additional sizes in swimwear coming this summer. Hooray for celebrating all sizes of curves – big and small!
I for one am excited to finally be able to recommend my favorite bra to people, including my sisters, who are both totally different sizes than me but still in need of a good comfortable bra.
And I’m telling you – everyone, no matter what size, needs this t-shirt bra. I love it!
And p.s., right now is Cacique Intimates’ semi-annual sale! All bras are on sale, so it’s the perfect time to stock up on your bra collection without breaking the bank! Check out the sale now!
Romantic Weekend Packing List
Let’s start it out with a bang – a romantic weekend getaway.
Your husband planned a romantic weekend in Napa Valley filled with hot air balloons, a fancy dinner, and an afternoon touring a man-made castle. Or maybe you’re headed to New York City for a Broadway show, day exploring Central Park, and of course a delicious dinner!
Wherever you’re headed, this romantic weekend getaway packing list should help.
These are just examples of what to pack – get the full weekend trip packing checklist at the bottom of this post!
Romantic Weekend Travel Outfit
You’re most likely traveling with your significant other so unlike when you’re traveling with kids, you can likely dress a little nicer than normal. Casual, comfortable, with a few accessories. And don’t forget to bring a notebook or book to keep you busy on the plane!
You also want to be able to wear this outfit to dinner or whatever you do when you arrive in your destination so keep that in mind when packing. If you go with shorts and are going to dinner somewhere a little nicer, bring a skirt to change in to when you get to the airport or hotel!
- a comfy pair of shorts,
- A patterned tee
- My favorite travel shoes
- A few simple gold accessories
- My favorite Cacique t-shirt bra in Gossamer Pink
Romantic Weekend Activity Outfit
Unless you’re planning on hiking or doing something really active during your romantic weekend away, your best bet for an outfit that works well for most activities is a sundress with some flirty accessories to dress it up a bit while still keeping it casual.
- Cardigan (in case it gets cold)
- Colorful jewelry and accessories
- Colorful flats or low heels
- A pretty patterned bra like this one to make you feel a bit more flirty
Romantic Weekend Night Out Outfit
On a romantic weekend getaway, you may have one or two nights out with your significant other. This is your chance to really get dressed to impress. And besides, it’s fun to get all dolled up once in a while!
- Sexy dress
- Bold makeup (this is your moment for the red lipstick!)
- A half up or full updo – don’t forget the bobby pins!
- A fancy clutch or bag
- A sexy backsmoother balconette bra like this one in the bright pink lemonade color
Romantic Weekend Comfy Outfit
After your fancy night out, it’s time to change into something a little more comfortable.
Along with their comfortable bras, Cacique also offers a great line of lingerie for all curve sizes and shapes with select intimate pieces available in sizes 0-28!
I have this purple lace piece but any of these would work for a romantic night in the hotel as well!
Girls Weekend Packing List
One of my favorite types of weekend trips is a girls weekend. A girls getaway weekend is the best way to recover from the stress of everyday momming, a great way to catch up with your favorite gal pals, and the perfect excuse to do things your significant other may never do!
Same thing – here are some examples of what to pack for a girls weekend – get the full weekend packing checklist in printable form at the bottom of this post.
Girls Weekend Travel Outfit
For a girls weekend, you’re more likely than not flying from different places to one destination. And who knows – it might be the first time you’ve seen your girlfriends in weeks, months, maybe even years. Or at least that’s how most of my girls weekends are!
Travel comfy and cute.
- Romper or comfortable sundress
- Simple jewelry that won’t set off the metal detectors
- Light makeup (don’t want to seem like you’re trying too hard)
- A solid colored t-shirt bra that won’t show any lines or patterns under your dress
And don’t forget to bring a notebook for writing down your thoughts or one of these great young adult books on your flight!
Girls Weekend Activity Outfit
Since every girls weekend needs a trip to the spa (I recommend this mud bath experience), I included an outfit specific to a spa day! If you’re just doing a massage and not a full spa day, make sure to bring another sundress or casual outfit to change into after your treatment!
- Swimsuit (for lounging by the pool at the spa) – I love this ruffle one
- Swimsuit cover up or this silky robe to wear around the spa
- Pampering tools (to freshen up after any treatments)
- Spa sandals
Girls Weekend Night Out Outfit
Time to dress up! A dress, heels, and some bold makeup if perfect for this outfit. You could even pay a little extra at the spa to get your hair and/or makeup done before your night out on the town.
- Bold flirty dress
- A pretty uplift plunge bra like this blue floral one (still super comfortable, just a little more cleavage)
- Statement jewelry
- A clutch or small purse
- Sunglasses (if you’re doing something like one of these outdoor restaurants in Gulf Shores)
Girls Weekend Comfy Outfit
Just like the spa, a gab session is a requirement of any girls weekend. Whether it’s on Sunday morning before a delicious Sunday brunch or Saturday night after your night out, it’s almost a given!
You may not think that PJs are cute but these joggers definitely are! And they’re comfy to boot – pack PJs you don’t mind wearing with other people!
- Comfortable pajamas like these floral joggers
- Graphic tee
- A comfortable bra like this t-shirt bra in a basic color (unless you’re one of those people who can go bra free, then more power to you)
- Masks, games, or something else to do during girl talk
And don’t forget the eye mask and ear plugs if you’re sharing a room during your trip!
Beach Weekend Packing List
I’ve already put together the ultimate beach packing list, but this one specifically works for a weekend beach getaway. And specifically a family beach getaway with the kids! Because that’s a whole different animal than a beach trip with your girlfriends or significant other!
Same thing here – my suggestions on what to pack – get the full weekend packing checklist at the very bottom of this post!
Beach Weekend Travel Outfit
Okay so this one really has nothing to do with the fact that you’re going to the beach other than I recommend that you dress in something that’s not going to be too warm when you get to your destination.
This outfit is all about traveling with kids, which is a post all in itself. You’ll likely be bending, moving, and reaching over in ways you wouldn’t when traveling with adults, and my outfit recommendations are based on this!
- Comfortable t-shirt that’s long enough to not show anything off when you’re doing all that bending
- Comfortable shorts or leggings
- A t-shirt bra that will stay comfortable no matter what position you end up in on the plane
- An eye mask (if you have older kids and want to sleep a bit)
- Cookies or another treat for your sanity
- A book or magazine to try and read (ha!)
Beach Weekend Activity Outfit
You’re at the beach so obviously this one is all about beach day! If you need a new swimsuit, Cacique’s swimsuits are both colorful and curve-friendly – whether your curves are big or small! I also adore that their swimsuits are made with built-in cups, perfect for supporting the girls even on a long day at the beach!
Bring all of these beach essentials and make sure to dress comfortable enough to build sandcastles, jump over the waves, and actually play with your kids.
- Bathing suit (the bright pattern on this one is my favorite)
- Swimsuit cover-up
- Comfortable sandals
- Towel (who am I kidding, you’ll pack one for you and it’ll get used by one of your kids)
- Sand/beach toys
Beach Weekend Night Out Outfit
Even kids get tired of the beach after a while or at least they get hungry. Pack an outfit (or two) for going out to dinner, playing mini-golf on the main strip, or even just doing some souvenir shopping around the town – something you want to do not in a dripping wet bathing suit and coverup!
- Jeans or jean shorts (depending on how warm it is at night)
- A casual tank or t-shirt
- This t-shirt bra in a coordinating color that won’t be seen under the tank
- A floppy hat to protect from the sun
- A cute beach bag
- Simple accessories to make you feel a bit more dressed up
Beach Weekend Comfy Outfit
There’s nothing better on a beach weekend then waking up and eating breakfast on your balcony while looking at the beach below. Or a family game night after ordering local takeout in.
Bring some comfy PJs that you won’t mind being seen in – especially if wherever you’re staying has a free breakfast buffet or a balcony for enjoying the view.
Cacique has a huge line of loungewear that’s both comfortable and cute – like these cute polka dot ones and specifically designed for weekending! I’m pretty sure I could wear most of these all day long!
Download the Free Printable Weekend Packing List
Get all three weekend packing lists with full lists of what to pack for a weekend trip below. Simply enter your first name and email address in the form below, and you’ll be taken directly to the PDF download and receive a copy emailed to your inbox. If you do not see the form below, click here to get to it.
The PDF will include three printable packing checklists (the ones seen below) – one for a romantic weekend, one for a beach weekend, and one for a girls weekend!
More Great Packing Tips
I’m not just an expert in packing for weekend trips – I’m pretty good at packing for all occasions. That tends to happen when you travel a lot!
These are some of my favorite packing tips!
- What to bring to an amusement park
- Road trip essentials
- Europe packing list
- What to pack for a surprise vacation