One of our Super Bowl traditions every year is to play bingo during the commercials with these free printable Super Bowl commercial bingo cards. It’s a fun way to get everyone involved, even people who may not be the biggest football fans! And definitely one of the easiest Super Bowl games out there! These 2017 Super Bowl bingo cards are perfect for this year’s Super Bowl!
Fun Super Bowl Games: Commercial Bingo
Over the past few years, I’ve tried to switch things up a bit with my Super Bowl Commercial bingo cards. Two years ago I did straight brands and you only covered the square if you saw that brand’s commercial. Last year I went more generic with my Super Bowl games with things like a cold drink, a horse, etc. Things that you could see in any or every commercial.
This year I decided to combine the two and did generic words, celebrity names, and specific brands. If you’re looking for something completely generic, I’d recommend checking out my football bingo cards that have more to do with the game itself than the commercials. Or leave a comment on this post and maybe I’ll go back to more generic this year.
How to Play Super Bowl Commercial Bingo
Since I did a combination of the two, here are a couple of clarifications in case your guests get confused as they play:
- You can only cover squares when you see or hear things said in commercials – not during the game, halftime show, or announcements. This is commercial bingo!
- A brand name can only be covered when that brand is shown or said.
- A celebrity can only be covered when that celebrity is shown or said.
- A square that has a generic type of brand (e.g., Cleaning Brand) should be covered when the brand sponsoring the commercial is that type of brand. For instance, Mr. Clean’s commercial would be one where you can cover the cleaning brand.
- A square with a generic noun (e.g., a horse, a candy bar) can be covered whenever you see any of those things – doesn’t matter who is sponsoring the commercial.
Play is simple. Give everyone bingo markers or stampers like these and have them cover squares when they see or hear those items during a commercial. I recommend not starting until the actual game and Super Bowl commercials start, so you don’t end up with someone getting a bingo before the game even starts. When someone gets five across – horizontal, vertical, or diagonal – they win a prize.
Print Out Your Super Bowl Games
Before the party, all you need to do is print out the PDF document of your choice below on either regular white paper or card stock (I always use card stock), cut them into four, and pass out a the party. There is a set of 12 green cards and 48 white cards (the green ones are the same exact cards as 12 of the white ones, just different colors so you don’t have to use as much ink).
Click on the image below to download the cards of your choice. There are a total of 48 white cards and 12 green ones, specific to this year’s commercials! Also, I’ve had a huge demand for generic/kid-friendly cards this year, so I created these more generic game day bingo cards that are perfect for playing commercial bingo with the kids!
Prize Ideas for Super Bowl Games
Since it’s bingo and not a big group thing like these Super Bowl minute to win it games, you can go a little more expensive on the prize. So instead of a bag of candy for instance, a gift card. I’ve put down a handful of ideas that would be great bingo prizes, ranging from more expensive to not so expensive.
- Gift card to a great place to watch games like Buffalo Wild Wings or any of these others
- A popcorn bowl full of prizes from the Super Bowl advertisers – Skittles, Snickers, Tostitos, etc.
- Football stadium chips and dips serving set (this is just kind of cool)
- A mini or full size football
- Team memorabilia from their favorite NFL team
- Adverteasing – an awesome sounding board game
- Inflatable Football game (with a mini football)
- Invincible or any other football movie
More Super Bowl Games
If you still need more Super Bowl games, check out the ideas below. With everything from hilarious Super Bowl inspired minute to win it games to more low-key pin the ball in the field goal, there’s something for everyone.
- Super Bowl minute to win it games
- 25 hilarious Super Bowl party games (has links to 25 different games!)
- Pin the ball in the field goal
You might like these other party game ideas too!
[riview id=4 num=2000 orderby=title order=asc size=200×200 showtitle=always lightbox=0 tags=Super_Bowl]
You might like these other Super Bowl ideas too!
[riview id=4 num=2000 orderby=title order=asc size=200×200 showtitle=always lightbox=0 tags=Super-Bowl]