This yummy fall snack mix combines fall flavors, fall colors, and pumpkins in a delicious snack the entire family will enjoy! Make a batch to enjoy and make a batch to gift to someone as a way of saying thank you this fall!
If you hadn’t guessed already from my homemade chex mix and my trail mix cookies, I’m a big fan of snack mixes. Especially when those snack mixes include a little sweet and a little salty like this fall snack mix does!
There’s just something about grabbing a handful of a snack and getting all sorts of different tastes and textures in one handful.
And this snack mix is perfect for fall because not only does it have fall ingredients like candy corn and pumpkins, but it also looks just like fall with its brown, orange, and yellow color!
I love to make up a big batch for my family to eat and then give half of it away with some of these Thanksgiving gift tags as a little thank you gift to neighbors and friends!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Just mix – it’s not really a recipe at all other than a list of ingredients, it’s really as simple as mixing all of the items together!
- Fall color – I mentioned it already but this is just a pretty snack mix to look at if you’re a fan of fall parties! The colors look just like I would imagine a fall picture looking like!
- Keeps well – this fall snack mix keeps really well as long as you keep it out of the heat (includes chocolate!). All of the ingredients in it will store for a while, making it a great snack to make once and eat for a while!
Since this recipe is really all about the ingredients and not the instructions, here are some more details about my recommendations for what to use in this snack mix!
Chex Mix – while I like to use Chex Mix in this recipe, you could also just use a combination of a variety of different Chex cereal since you’re already doing chocolate covered pretzels as well. And there really is such thing as too many pretzels, unless they’re these homemade pretzel bites!
Candy corn and pumpkins – you can either grab the fall mix that comes with regular candy corn, chocolate candy corn, and candy pumpkins or just buy your favorite of the three and add them in. I like the combo of all three but know some people don’t love the chocolate candy corn!
Caramel popcorn – I used just regular boxed Crunch & Munch caramel popcorn in this, but you could totally use any sort of caramel popcorn or even Kettle corn you want!
Peanut butter cups – this is best with the mini Reese’s peanut butter cups that are already unwrapped (those are also really good in this peanut butter pie) because they’re smaller than normal cups! And small things are best in a snack mix!
Chocolate chips – I used white in my mix but you could easily use white, milk, and/or dark chocolate chips. I just like the white for the pop of color!
Chocolate covered pretzels – same as the chocolate chips, you can use any combination of white, milk, and dark chocolate pretzels in this. I like using at least white plus one other for a good variety of colors!
Reese’s Pieces – these are the perfect choice for this fall snack mix simply because they’re naturally colored like fall! You could also substitute or add fall colored M&Ms or Sixlets as well.
Other Fall Snack Mix Ingredients
You could also try any of these yummy snack items in this mix! They’re the right color, right size, and right flavor!
- Mini Ritz crackers
- Regular popcorn or cheddar popcorn
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- Mini Rolos
- Mini marshmallows
- Cheez-Itz or Cheese Nips (my personal favorite)
- Butterscotch chips
How to make a fall snack mix
The best thing about this snack mix is that there’s no cooking, no seasoning, no real anything to it.
All you have to do is mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl until they’re well combined. Depending on how many you want to serve, I typically like to do 1 cup of the larger snacks (pretzels, caramel corn, Chex Mix) to every 1/4 cup of the smaller treats (Reese’s Pieces, M&Ms, etc.).
Set the bowl out at your next fall gathering and watch it disappear!
Or you could do a tray and make it more like a Halloween dessert board where people can pick and choose their favorites to make their own fall mix – your choice!
Or just put it all on a tray and mix it up on the tray and let people scoop out their own. Doing the tray compared to a bowl lets them see where all of their favorites are before scooping!
People are a little particular about their snack mixes.
Using a tray also means all those little candies won’t just sink right to the bottom, although everyone knows the best part of a snack mix is the bottom!
Balance the salty with the sweet. For every sweet ingredient you add, add a salty (or at least neutral) one as well so the snack mix doesn’t get too sweet or too salty.
Serve individual cups of the snack mix rather than in a large bowl if you’re having a large party and worried about germs.
Pack snack mix up in mason jars, snack boxes, or other treat containers and add a bow and a tag to send this home as party favor or to gift to friends and family!
More Easy Fall Treats
If you like this fall snack mix, you’ll love these other yummy sweet and salty fall recipes!
- Cream cheese pumpkin dip – this sweet and creamy dip is perfect paired with salty pretzels, gingersnaps, and fruit!
- Pumpkin crunch cake – pumpkin layered with cake and salty nuts give this pumpkin crunch cake a delicious sweet and salty flavor!
- Bacon brie bites – a little bit of salty bacon combined with creamy brie and a honey topping make these a sweet appetizer for any fall occasion!
- Pecan pie bars – pecan pie but in bar form, all on top of a delicious shortbread crust! These are heavenly!
- Pumpkin cheesecake bars – creamy pumpkin layer on top of a gingerbread graham crust makes these the ultimate Thanksgiving dessert!
Fall Snack Mix
- Chex Mix
- Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Brach's Autumn Mix candy
- Reese's Pieces
- white chocolate covered pretzels
- white chocolate chips
- Crunch & Munch caramel popcorn
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and serve. I recommend a ratio of 1 cup of the larger items (Chex Mix, pretzels, etc.) to 1/4 cup of the smaller candies and treats.Chex Mix, Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups, Brach's Autumn Mix candy, Reese's Pieces, white chocolate covered pretzels, white chocolate chips, Crunch & Munch caramel popcorn