These Star Wars color by number pages are a great way to keep your Star Wars loving kids busy while staying happy coloring their favorite characters and not racking up the screen time. And they’re not just for kids, I bet there are some adults who’d enjoy a relaxing coloring break with these color by number pages too!
If you have a kiddo who is in love with Star Wars, like my boys, they’ll love these Star Wars themed color by number printable pages. He loved these Star Wars coloring pages and his Jedi academy training at his birthday party, so I knew they’d love these as well!
Okay, and let’s be honest – my husband is a little Star Wars obsessed as well.
I mean obsessed enough that we’re currently in the middle of planning out Star Wars costumes for our upcoming voyage on the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser at Disney World.
Me? I’m excited to see if the Crown of Corellia makes the list of the best Disney World restaurants.
Whether planning a Star Wars birthday party, need fun Star Wars party games for Star Wars Day, or just need some indoor activities to do on a rainy day, these color by number printables are sure to be a hit with anybody who is a Star Wars fan! I’ve already printed out ours for May the 4th next week!
And the best part? They’re all free printable pages so they’re easy use and cheap too! You can get all the printable activities at the bottom of this page!
How to do a color by number
If you’re reading this site, you’re probably old enough to have done a color by number before in your lifetime. But If you’ve never tried a color by number, they’re just as simple as the name sounds. Each of the printables has a different color key that goes along with numbers.
For instance, 1 might be equal to the color brown, two minute be equal to blue, and so on.
Then, it’s really simple, match the number in the color key, use the assigned color for the number and find the color spots on the paper to fill in with the assigned color. Have fun and watch your activity sheet come to life!
These coloring sheets are good for kids of all ages but I recommend choosing age appropriate coloring materials to make this a fun activity for everyone! Choosing high-quality coloring materials that go a long way with coverage can make this more enjoyable for even those as young as Baby Yoda! Older kids and even young adults may want to color with colored pencils, but using thicker, high-quality coloring materials can help make this more fun for everyone!
Once all of the colors are filled in, you’re left with beautifully colored versions of your favorite Star Wars characters!
So get to printing, it’s time to create your very own Star Wars character library with just a little guided coloring!
Color by Number Star Wars Printable
This printable set comes with eight different color by number pages featuring many of the classic Star Wars characters as well as some of the more popular modern ones.
The full set includes:
- Princess Leia
- Darth Vader
- Luke Skywalker
- Han Solo
If you’re looking for more modern characters, make sure to check out these other Star Wars coloring pages – a great way to work on fine motor skills for kids who love all things Star Wars!
Each one is a detailed full page coloring sheet, so they’ll take kids plenty of time to color, which can be a good or a bad thing. If you don’t have a lot of time – encourage using markers compared to colored pencils!
If you’re coloring these with little kids and they’re getting frustrated about going out of the lines into another number, have them color all of the big spaces and then you can help by going in and filling in the smaller ones. I’ve done this with my boys, and it works great!
Just print off your favorite characters (or all of them) and you’re ready to color! Let kids (or adults) choose their favorite type of coloring utensil from crayons, coloring pencils, or markers then get started.
This is one of the few coloring pages I don’t recommend using paint for because if the paint bleed a bit into the other sections, it can totally ruin your overall picture. So stick with the dry art supplies on this one instead!
Tips for Color by Numbers
If you’ve never done a color by number set before, here are some simple tips to make these printable coloring pages work a bit better for you and your Star Wars crew!
- Take breaks as needed. While coloring can be relaxing for many, younger children often times need to color for a few minutes, take a quick break, then come back to it.
- Let kids get creative. While the goal of this great activity is to match the colors to the numbers, no one said it has to be colored that way. If they want something to be blue that’s not “supposed to be” blue, let them color it blue.
- Do it together. One of the most important things you can do is spend time with your kids and let me tell you, this is a fun way to spend time together while also doing something that’s less stressful for you. Print out your own pages, grab craft supplies that make sense for you, and color right alongside them.
- Display the final product. Kids love seeing their artwork up so even if it just goes on the fridge for a few hours, it’ll encourage them to color page after page!
- Make it a learning experience. Not only can these free printables help with fine motor skills that go along with color, they can also help with number recognition for younger boys and girls. It’s the perfect way to let them be creative and learn at the same time! And have some Star Wars fun while they’re at it!
More Fun Star Wars Ideas
If you are looking for ideas for Star Wars fans, make sure to check out these fun activities too! And if you want food, I have tons of Star Wars food ideas too – eating is always a fun activity!
- Star Wars trivia – tons of questions and answers both for the casual and confident Star Wars fan!
- Star Wars scavenger hunt – a clue based scavenger hunt that uses quotes directly from the Star Wars movies!
- Star Wars would you rather – a series of would you rather questions featuring your favorite Star Wars characters!
- Star Wars Two Truths – this fun Star Wars trivia quiz has you trying to figure out which ones the lie for popular Star Wars people!
- Star Wars gifts for men – these work great for men, teens, and adults!
Download the Printable Color by Number Activities
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to get the printable PDF.
You will receive a link to download the PDF to your email within minutes.
If you would prefer to not provide your email, you can purchase a copy in my shop here.
If you do not see the form, click here to get to it.
If you do not see the email immediately after you fill out the form, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders.
The file will come with eight Star Wars color by number pages mentioned above. I recommend just printing on plain white copy paper unless you have older children who you think will want to save these after they’re done!