After you fill up on turkey, ask these Thanksgiving would you rather questions for some laughs, hard decisions, and easy conversation! It’s a fun Thanksgiving game to play with the entire family and all you need to play is the printable questions you can get in this post!
Then you’ll all eat, watch a little football (maybe even football bingo), take a nap, maybe even play a little football. Parents will chat, kids will get bored and try and come up with some fun Thanksgiving games to play.
This Thanksgiving would you rather game is the perfect game to play during any of that – while you eat, while you’re just hanging out, while you’re resting on the couch after all that turkey. We’ve used would you rather questions for all sorts of different occasions and they’re always a hit!
It’s super easy to play, great for all ages (although a few of the questions might go over the kids’ heads), and something you can start and stop whenever you feel like it.
It’s one of our new favorite Thanksgiving activities and one of the best Thanksgiving icebreaker games if you have new people coming over for the holidays!
Make sure to keep reading past the questions to see three fun would you rather game ideas you can play with the entire family!
Thanksgiving Would You Rather Questions
- Be on the Dallas Cowboys or be a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader?
- Watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade or watch one of the NFL football games?
- Eat turkey every day for the rest of your life or never have potatoes again?
- Never celebrate Thanksgiving again or prepare a full Thanksgiving feast every month for the rest of your life?
- Drink apple cider with gravy in it or drink hot chocolate with cranberry sauce?
- Shop on Black Friday or Cyber Monday
- Have Thanksgiving dinner at Home or eat at a Chinese buffet?
- Play football or go to a movie
- Eat pumpkin pie with whipped cream or warm apple pie with ice cream?
- Eat sweet potatoes with marshmallows or topped with brown sugar and pecans?
- Cancel Thanksgiving or Halloween
- Dress like a pilgrim or a turkey?
- Walk around with a pocket full of stuffing for a day or mashed potatoes?
- Eat a tofu turkey or oyster stuffing
- Sit at the kid’s table or talk politics at the adults table?
- Go on a turkey hunt or cut the head off a chicken?
- Eat a pizza or taco made with leftover turkey
- Stand in line for 3 hours to get a TV for 75% off stand in line for five minutes to get a TV for 25% off?
- Run in a turkey trot or do a polar bear plunge?
- Spend Thanksgiving or Christmas Day all alone?
- Attend the Macy’s or the Rose Bowl parade?
- Butcher your own turkey or skip turkey that year?
- Celebrate with the Adamm’s Family or the Kardashians
- Put up your Christmas tree right after Thanksgiving or have a holiday movie marathon?
- Spend Thanksgiving on a cruise or at Disney World
- Eat Rachel’s Thanksgiving trifle from friends or eat Molly Weasley’s brussels sprouts with chestnuts?
- Pull the wishbone if you knew only the person who won would have their wish granted or skip pulling the wishbone and take the chance that your wish will come true?
- Take a nap or take a walk after eating?
- Cook the entire meal or do all the dishes?
- Attend a gathering of 4 people or a huge one with 20 or more?
- Give a Thanksgiving toast or say the prayer on the meal
- Burn the rolls or forget the sugar in the pumpkin pie?
- Run around with a raw turkey on your head or peel 20 lbs of mashed potatoes?
- Get your own cranberries from a cranberry bog or pick apples for apple pie from an apple orchard?
- March in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade in the snow or play in a turkey bowl in 100 degree weather?
- Make an entire Thanksgiving feast for the homeless or organize a canned food drive?
- Set the kids table with fine china and nice glasses or put someone who doesn’t cook in charge of the turkey?
- Drink flat sparkling cider or cold hot chocolate?
- Spend an hour writing thank you cards to friends or spend an hour listening to family members say what they’re grateful for?
- Would you rather be a dog trainer at the National Dog show or an NFL referee?
- Spend the night in a pumpkin patch waiting for the Great Pumpkin or spend the night watching Hallmark movies?
- Run out of food before everyone gets some or be forced to throw away anything you don’t eat?
- Have a hitchhiker join your family for Thanksgiving or eat Thanksgiving dinner where you don’t know anyone else?
- Eat a deep fried turkey or drink frozen apple cider?
- Have to write a list of 1000 things that you’re grateful for or write a list of all your extended family members in front of them?
- Eat mashed potatoes with unknown lumps (not potatoes) or eat jello salad full of whatever your relatives put in it?
- Peel all the yams for the sweet potato casserole or cut all the onions for the stuffing?
- Replace your Thanksgiving dinner with Super Bowl appetizers or with Christmas breakfast food?
More Would You Rather Questions
I know a lot of people have already used the would you rather questions above so I came up with even more for this year! If you need more Thanksgiving questions to ask, try out some of these fun questions! They’re perfect for asking around the Thanksgiving table or just to use as conversation starters with your own family!
- Would you rather eat your entire Thanksgiving meal with just a spoon or eat without using any hands at all?
- Would you rather wear a turkey costume all day on Thanksgiving or wear a pilgrim hat with a big buckle that hits you in the face all day?
- Would you rather have to cook the entire Thanksgiving dinner all by yourself or have no leftovers?
- Would you rather have to run a turkey trot or not get any Thanksgiving dessert?
- Would you rather have to eat Thanksgiving leftovers every day for a week or have to eat only pies of some kind for every meal all week?
- Would you rather play in a football game or march in a parade?
- Would you rather have to tell a turkey joke before even bite or act like a turkey throughout dinner?
- Would you rather have a pet turkey or have a pumpkin farm?
- Would you rather watch Thanksgiving cartoons all day or play in a pile of leaves?
- Would you rather have pumpkin pie flavored gravy on your turkey or turkey flavored whipped cream on pumpkin pie?
- Would you rather tell someone thank you or do a secret act of service?
- Would you rather have to spend Thanksgiving all by yourself or spend Thanksgiving with a bunch of strangers?
- Would you rather have to give away all of your toys or have to take a break from all screens?
- Would you rather go back in the past to eat at the first Thanksgiving or go back and sail across the ocean on The Mayflower?
- Would you rather be followed around all day by a spilling gravy boat or a dancing pot of mashed potatoes?
- Would you rather have to carve a turkey blindfolded or eat your entire Thanksgiving meal with chopsticks?
- Would you rather have stuffing for hair or mashed potatoes for legs?
- Would you rather have a turkey that can talk or a squirrel that can sing?
- Would you rather eat pumpkin pie every day for the rest of your life or drink apple cider?
- Would you rather tell Thanksgiving jokes up on stage or dance at the Macy’s Day parade?
- Would you rather have to cook an entire Thanksgiving meal in a turkey costume or play a football game in a pilgrim costume?
- Would you rather have to explain modern technology to a pilgrim or Thanksgiving to an alien?
Prep the Would You Rather Game
One of the reasons we love asking would you rather questions as a family is because it’s a game that takes really no preparation at all.
Simply print out the cards (or the one-page sheet) with all the questions listed. And you’re done, all ready to play whenever you need some entertainment.
Like last week during our neighborhood Halloween party, I literally just pulled up my website and starting asking these Halloween would you rather questions during a lull in the games and the kids loved it!
The only other thing you might want are some Thanksgiving themed prizes for the winners. I’ve got a huge list of prize ideas in this Thanksgiving scavenger hunt post that would work well!
How to play Would you Rather
There are a couple of different ways that you can use these Thanksgiving would you rather questions. All three ways are super simple, just choose whichever one works best for your group and the activity level you’re looking for.
#1 – Everyone answer
The first way to play is the most traditional. Simply pick out one of the questions and go around the room and have everyone choose their answer. Or pick one person for each question and have them answer.
This is a fun thing to do while you’re eating Thanksgiving dinner, like after you say the things you’re grateful for or play this Skittles gratitude game.
You can also this in a more active, interactive way, if you want to get some wiggles out with the kids!
This is the version I most often play when I’m playing with just the kids or kids and teens. Here’s how to play!
- Ask the entire group the question. When you ask the question – point to one side of the room for the first answer option and the other side of the room for the other answer.
- As soon as you’re done reading off the options, everyone has to quickly go to the side of the room that corresponds with the answer they choose. You’d then move onto the next question.
- When you’re ready for the next question, have everyone go back to the center before reading off the next question.
If you want to encourage chatting and people getting to know one another, you could let people chat about why they chose the answer they did or just chat for a minute or two before moving onto the next question.
#2 – Two-Person Challenge
The second way to play is my personal favorite because it tends to be the most hilarious of the versions. It’s how we played our New Year’s Eve would you rather game! Here’s how to play:
- Split everyone into pairs.
- Ask an individual pair a question and count to three. On the count of three, have them say their answer out loud. If they match answers, they get a point.
- You can then move onto the next pair or keep asking that pair questions until they don’t match a question, earning points for each question they match correctly.
- The pair with the most matches at the end of questioning wins!
To speed this game up, you can also do this kind of like an egg toss where when you count to three, all of the pairs say their answer out loud and try to match each other, rather than doing one at a time. This just means that not everyone gets to watch other people answer the questions, which is one of the funniest parts of all!
#3 – Majority Match
In this version of the game, you’re not trying to match another person – you’re trying to match the majority! Here’s how to play:
- Give everyone a piece of paper and pen.
- Ask the question and have people write down their answer. Then on the count of three everyone has to flip over their answer.
- Anyone who matches the majority wins a point. Ask another question and do the same thing.
- The person who has the most total points at the end of the game wins.
Tips & tricks
Couple this would you rather game with an active game like these Thanksgiving minute to win it games to keep everyone entertained and engaged during Thanksgiving! These ones are perfect for enjoying while you watch an NFL football game or while you’re enjoying Thanksgiving leftovers!
Laminate the cards and save them to have out at your Thanksgiving celebration every year.
Pair couples together if you are playing the trying to get a match version of the game for even more fun. It turns into kind of a compatibility game! Anyone who isn’t coupled up can be partnered together with each other.
Take turns reading the questions. Print out the cards (rather than the list) and go around the room picking a card and asking the question on it. It gets everyone involved in the question asking and in the answering rather than you as the host being responsible for asking all the questions.
Let kids (or anyone else) come up with their own questions for added fun. When we were doing this as one of our Thanksgiving games, I’d ask a question then let one of the kids ask their made-up question. That way maybe their favorite part!
Yes, I have would you rather questions for all sorts of different themes and occasions! From Disney would you rather to a Harry Potter would you rather game. Find all of my would you rather questions here.
Fill out the pink form at the bottom of this post with your first name and email. The questions will be emailed to you within minutes. Otherwise, you can buy a copy of the questions from my shop here.
Would you rather is a game that’s great for any size of group. Play with just one person by simply asking each other questions and answering. Play with a larger group by asking one person each question or playing one of the alternative game options I mentioned above.
Would you rather takes just as long as you want it to. Ask one question to the group, ask 25 questions. It’s up to you how much time you want to fill!
More Thanksgiving Games
If you like these Thanksgiving would you rather questions, make sure to check out these other fun Thanksgiving printables too!
- Thanksgiving scattergories – can you come up with a word for something at the first Thanksgiving or a popular Thanksgiving side dish? This fun word game is a classic for a reason!
- Thanksgiving charades – see how many words you can out and get your team to guess in this fun activity!
- Thanksgiving pictionary – don’t want to act? Try this game that might have you drawing the entire Thanksgiving meal!
- Thanksgiving Family Feud – this is such a fun game to play with small groups or the entire family!
- Thanksgiving bingo – this Thanksgiving version of the classic game is fun for the whole family too!
want 17 Thanksgiving games in one place?
Download the Thanksgiving Would you Rather Questions
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to get the printable PDF. You will receive a link to download the PDF to your email within minutes.
If you’d rather not provide your email, you can purchase a copy of the would you rather question cards in my shop here.
The PDF will include:
- 48 Thanksgiving would you rather question cards
- A two-page PDF with all of the questions listed
If you do not immediately receive the email, make sure to check your promotions, spam, and junk folders!
If you do not see the form to get the Thanksgiving edition questions below, click here to get to it.