These witch Halloween rice krispie treats combine two popular combinations – Halloween and rice krispie treats into one eerily delicious bite. They’re easy to make, delicious to eat, and will be a huge hit with kids and adults alike. Perfect for serving at a Halloween party, giving out at treats at a classroom party, or simply enjoying Halloween rice krispies at home!
Witch Halloween Rice Krispies
These witch rice krispy treats are not only cute but absolutely delicious. They combine a classic rice krispy treat with chocolate, candy, and other Halloween garnishes.
I mean who doesn’t love a good rice krispy treat? I know I do, and cute ones are some of my favorite favorite snacks at Disney World!
And who doesn’t like to bring themed food to a Halloween party? These would’ve been perfect with these other Halloween party ideas that I setup for my kiddo a few years back. Or any of these Halloween party food ideas!
Witch Halloween Rice Krispie Treats Supplies
You don’t need much for these witch treats – just a few things you can pick up at your local grocery store or craft room (if you’re looking for the chocolate melts).
Or if you’re an online shopper like me, you can get all of these on Amazon delivered right to your house in days. Pretty sure I have an entire closet full of minute to win it games supplies straight from Amazon.
Okay or just go to your local grocery store and get out of the house. That’s okay too.
But if you want to buy them online, I’ve linked all of the items below for you to see exactly what I’m talking about. Not everyone knows what vibrant green candy melts are.
- 16 Rice Krispy Treats (store-bought or homemade – see note below)
- 10 oz vibrant green candy melts
- Candy eyeballs
- Chocolate jimmies
- Green nonpareils sprinkles
- 8 Oreos
- 16 dark chocolate Hershey kisses
- Sandwich bag or piping bag
I mentioned in the list that you can use homemade rice krispy treats if you have a favorite recipe BUT make sure that the recipe you’re using is one that actually stays together, not one that falls apart in your hand when you pick them up. I like rice krispy treats that are ooey and gooey when I’m making homemade, but those would not work well for this because you want them to hold their shape.
When in doubt, just go with the store-bought ones. They’re the perfect size, shape, and well flavor.
How to Make the Halloween Rice Krispy Treats
First things first, if you’re using store-bought rice krispy treats – unwrap those suckers. And while you’re unwrapping, watch this video to see how to make these!
You don’t want to be melting chocolate and realize that you haven’t unwrapped them yet. That’s just a pain.
So unwrap them first, then get started with the steps below.
Melt candy melts according to the package instructions. I prefer the double boiler stovetop method over using a microwave because it’s easy to overcook them in the microwave. But you can do both, just don’t overcook them in the microwave or they aren’t going to turn out right.
Once your chocolate is melted, dip the rice krispy treat into the melted chocolate. Use a spatula to smooth out the chocolate then set aside any remaining chocolate to use later.
And any you have left after that, this monster chocolate bark would be a fun way to finish it off!
The spatula part is optional but unless you’re a rice krispy treat dipping expert, you’re going to want it to get the nice smooth witch face.
Add mini eyes and sprinkles to create the witch’s hair and mouth. And don’t forget some warts – the green sprinkles make the cutest warts ever. Or at least the yummiest.
Once the witch faces are all decorated, pop those babies into the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until the chocolate is hardened.
How to Make the Witch Hats
While the witch faces are chilling in the refrigerator, it’s time to make the witch hats. I mean that’s what makes these less Frankenstein, more witch. But if you do like Frankenstein, I’ve got some great monster Halloween games for adults that might be right up your alley!
To make the hats, twist open the Oreos and remove the cream filling. (You can totally save that to use in another dessert – don’t throw it away!)
Transfer the remaining candy melts (the chocolate you melted earlier) into a sandwich bag (or a piping bag like this one, I always have a bunch on hand). Cut off the corner and pipe a dime size amount of candy melts on the Oreo logo and top with a Hershey’s kiss.
Once the treats are out of the refrigerator, apply a thin strip of candy melts (using the sandwich bag) to the top of the Halloween rice krispy treats and attach the hat.
And even though they’re super cute and tasty, make sure to allow the hat to dry before serving. You don’t want all those cute little hats to fall over the floor before they even get to the table!
Or forget the table and put them on a plate for the prize at the end of this Halloween scavenger hunt instead! Enjoy while everyone is answering these good truth or dare questions.
Other Halloween Food Ideas
- Monster milk and cookies
- Pumpkin crunch recipe
- Mini pumpkin pizzas
- Pumpkin cream cheese crescent rolls
- Caramel apple nacho bar ideas
Witch Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- 16 Rice Krispy Treats unwrapped
- 10 oz vibrant green candy melts
- 32 Candy eyeballs
- chocolate jimmies
- green nonpareils sprinkles
- 8 Oreos
- 16 dark chocolate Hershey's Kisses
- Melt candy melts according to package instructions10 oz vibrant green candy melts
- Dip rice krispie into the melted chocolate. If needed, use a spatula to smooth out the chocolate. Set remaining melted candy melts aside to use later.16 Rice Krispy Treats
- Add mini eyes and sprinkles to create her hair and mouth. Add some green nonparelis sprinkles for the cutest warts you’ve ever seen! Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.32 Candy eyeballs, chocolate jimmies, green nonpareils sprinkles
- While the rice krispies are in the refrigerator, twist open Oreos and remove the cream filling.8 Oreos
- Transfer the remaining melted candy melts to a sandwich bag. Cut off a corner and pipe a dime size amount of candy melts on the Oreo logo and top with a Hershey’s kiss.16 dark chocolate Hershey's Kisses
- Apply a thin strip of candy melts to the top of the rice krispie treat to attach the hat. Allow to dry completely before serving.
Leave a Comment