Hosting a summer get together? These beat the heat party ideas will give you tons of ideas for the coolest summer soiree ever whether you wan to try out some water games or just keep guests cool with drinks! They’re the perfect way to beat the heat!
One of the biggest problems with summer is that it’s so hot. Too hot often to be outside unless you’re going to get wet in some way. Might be why so many of my summer bucket list items include water in some way!
This post is all about ways to keep people cool during summer get togethers whether it’s a huge pool party with the entire neighborhood or just trying to keep the kids cool in the backyard!
I’ve split this guide into three different sections – food, things to do, and decorations and party favors. It’s literally everything you need for the ultimate camp themed party!
Click on each of the links in the guide below to be taken directly to that idea!
In This Guide
NOTE: I use the term party loosely. All of these ideas work well whether you just want to have a fun themed family night, a big blowout summer party, or a super small group gathering with just a few friends. The ideas can all be used with whatever level of get together you’re most comfortable with!
Water Games & Activities
There are so many different things you can do at a summer party, but these are just some of my personal favorites. And all of these are designed to keep people cool when it’s blazing hot outside!
Summer Party Food
Another great way to cool down is with yummy food and drinks! In this case, I’m sharing cold or frozen drinks, eats, and treats!
And don’t forget to have plenty of water to drink around as well to keep people from getting overheated!
Beat the Heat Party Decorations & Favors
If you’re looking for summer party themes and favors that incorporate beat the heat elements, then these are for you! In addition to these, you could always do a pool themed party, beach themed party (don’t forget the items on this beach packing list), or a luau!
More Cool Ideas
- Frozen Games – any of these Frozen party games would make a great addition to a cool down party, especially the Frozen princesses idea!
- Strawberry fluff salad – a chilled salad filled with whipped cream, strawberries, and other yummy ingredients makes a great addition to any beat the heat event!
- Ice cream gift baskets – send guests home with these darling ice cream gift baskets as a way to keep cooling off at home!
- Chocolate cake shake – milkshake + chocolate cake makes this one of the most decadent and delicious ways to cool off!
- Strawberry poke cake – this chilled poke cake incorporates strawberry flavor, whipped cream, and fresh strawberries for a delicious chilly dish!
Leave a Comment