Make this the best summer ever with these fun summer bucket list ideas. Or use these bucket list ideas like having a watermelon seed spitting contest, doing a cartwheel, and going to the pool to create your very own family’s summer bucket list!
Anything to get you playing and enjoying the summer season to its fullest! And don’t forget to download the printable list of over 100+ bucket list ideas!
What Is A Bucket List?
If you’ve never made a bucket list before, they’re the best. A lot of people have bucket lists full of items they want to do sometime in their life. Maybe a travel bucket list of places they want to travel or a seasonal bucket list of things they want to do this summer. It’s basically a list of things you want to accomplish within a set amount of time.
While some people like to put together say a lifetime bucket list, I prefer to make bucket lists for short periods of time such as the summer. With summer being such a short time, it’s a great way to really dive in and try to enjoy as many of these summer bucket list ideas as possible!
100+ Summer Bucket List Ideas
Everyone’s bucket list can be a little different, but these summer bucket list ideas should hopefully be enough to get you started with creating your own!
This list has 100 ideas of fun things to do this summer, things you can do with kids or without.
I tried to make them generic enough that they were things everyone can do, not just people who live in Kansas City like we do. If you want to use this one, you can get a free printable summer bucket list at the bottom of this post!
- Go on a bike ride
- Build a fort
- Do a cartwheel
- Roll down a hill
- Bury your toes in the sand (preferably somewhere like Daytona Beach)
- Fly a kite
- Jump over the waves
- Build a sandcastle
- Go to a drive-in movie theater
- Eat a hot dog straight from the grill
- Have a water fight
- Play one of these outdoor water games
- Have a watermelon seed spitting contest
- Have a family board game tournament
- Go to a carnival
- Listen to an outdoor concert
- Go to a waterpark
- Do a cannonball
- Play in the sprinklers
- Watch fireworks
- Sit in a hammock
- Buy something at a garage sale
- Create your own lemonade stand (guests will love this strawberry lemonade)
- Eat a snow cone
- Go to some sort of festival
- Bake cookies and give them to someone else with these treat tags
- Make root beer floats
- Watch a movie on the big screen
- Go to a farmer’s market
- Get a temporary tattoo
- Make popsicles like these ocean blue ones with gummy sharks inside
- Watch early morning cartoons
- Snuggle in bed during a summer thunderstorm
- Have an indoor campout or if the weather cooperates, go camping and play these camping games
- Get books to read at the library
- Play kickball
- Swim in a lake
- Make homemade pizza
- Catch fireflies
- Watch a sunset
- Go on a picnic and a picnic scavenger hunt
- Go on a roadtrip (and take these roadtrip games with you!)
- Build a sand castle
- Learn something new
- Make something explode
- Go to an amusement park
- Dance it out
- Eat a funnel cake
- Volunteer somewhere
- Paint something
- Make one of these easy summer crafts
- Jump in puddles
- Make and play a backyard game
- Eat breakfast for dinner. These egg muffins with a hash brown crust are a family favorite!
- Go on a staycation
- Collect seashells
- Go ice blocking
- Stay up past midnight
- Pick berries (then use them for this strawberry poke cake!)
- Eat ice cream before it melts
- Make s’mores
- Have a water balloon fight
- Play beach ball volleyball
- Plant flowers
- Get a mosquito bite
- Eat corn on the cob
- Travel somewhere you’ve never been
- Go to a museum
- Find a dinosaur (maybe on this dinosaur hunt)
- Spend a day barefoot
- Lay on grass and look at the stars
- Drink ice cold lemonade
- Have a family slumber party
- Swing on the swings
- Go to a baseball game
- Send a postcard
- Go to a fair
- Go to camp or camping (and play these camping games)
- Hike a mountain
- Run a race
- Take a picture by a colored wall
- Make homemade ice cream
- Relax in a lazy river
- Ride a roller coaster
- Order pizza at the pool
- Buy a new pair of sandals (these Sanuks are my favorite)
- Go fishing
- Play frisbee
- Drink a tropical drink
- Go to a splash pad
- Sleep in
- Find a sunflower
- Float in a pool
- Wave a flag
- Try 12 flavors of ice cream (this sweet and salty ice cream is one of our favorites)
- Have a backyard BBQ
- Go see a show (any of these Disney movies coming out this summer would be perfect)
- Find a double rainbow
- Play until the daylight is gone
- Play hopscotch outside.
What would you add to the ultimate summer bucket list?
How to Make Your Own Summer Bucket List
The best part about a bucket list is that it should be all your own. I’ve given you 100+ ideas of things to do this summer. Feel free to pick and choose from this list of summer bucket list ideas and create one that’s perfect for your own family! And unlike my list, feel free to get specific. If there’s a place you want to eat, add that specific restaurant to your list.
I’ve already sat down with my kiddo and created our own summer bucket list – with many of the things from the ultimate list of bucket list ideas below AND some of our own things like fishing at Grandma and Grandpa’s lake, going to a children’s museum, and playing in his first t-ball game!
Or if you want a bucket list for mom, these ideas are great as well!
Get the Free Printable
Enter your first name and email address below to get the free printable. You’ll be immediately taken to the PDF to download and receive a copy to your email shortly after. If you can’t see the form below, click here to get to the form to enter your info.
Make sure to pin these summer bucket list ideas for later!
Don’t forget to pin this summer bucket list for later!