Kid-friendly favorite Kool Aid Pie gets a mini transformation making it a fun and easy dessert that’s great for parties and holidays! This four-ingredient recipe is served on top of a pre-made graham cracker crust and will be a new favorite with kids and adults alike!
I’m always looking for easy desserts, especially ones that I think will go over well with both kids and adults. And ones that are easy to make for a crowd.
This mini Kool Aid pie recipe achieves both of those things. While Kool Aid pies are typically served in the summer, I’m sharing it now in case you want a different type of pie to bring with that no bake pumpkin pie for the holidays!
Or wait until the summer to try out this summer time favorite no bake pie. They’re the perfect refreshing dessert for a hot summer day!
Kool Aid pies originated in the south, but they’re a new favorite of our family, and I think they’re a treat that should be enjoyed across the country!
This delicious pie is typically made with a store-bought crust, Kool Aid mix, and whipped cream. I add one more ingredient to mine to make them super creamy and delicious!
Just be forewarned, once you try this creamy pie you may never go to a celebration without Kool Aid pie in hand again! It might be a different flavor every time, but it’s going to be one people ask for again and again! And that’s perfect for you since it’s such an easy recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- 3-ingredients – you only need three simple ingredients in addition to a store-bought graham cracker crust to make these! That’s pretty much as easy as it gets!
- Versatile – want to change up the Kool-Aid flavor to match a different theme? Simply switch out the strawberry Kool Aid with your favorite flavors and you’ve got a lemon pie, switch it again for lime, and so on.
- Easy to transport – these are super simple to pack up to take to a party, which makes them a great treat to take with you! Even better if you buy one of those pre-made graham cracker crusts that actually comes with a lid!
- Graham cracker crusts – I used the mini premade graham cracker crust in this recipe but you could totally do a full-size one as well or you could even make your own crust using the one in this striped delight recipe.
- Kool-Aid Packet – this is where this recipe gets fun. I used a tropical punch flavor Kool-Aid in this recipe but you could easily change it up to make it strawberry, fruit punch, or really anything you want! I just liked the bright pink color! You could even just walk through your local grocery store and pick out whatever packages of kool aid are currently tempting your taste buds! I recommend sticking with fruit flavors but feel free to get creative!
How to make kool aid pie
Kool Aid pies are as classic summertime dessert but as I mentioned, they can be enjoyed throughout the year as well! Just add them to the pie table along with a little peanut butter pie and homemade apple pie and people will be excited for the additional option!
These are so easy to make, it’s almost crazy that I’m writing a blog post about them, but here we are.
Start by whisking together the kool-aid powder, sweetened condensed milk, and cool whip in a large bowl.
Whisk until well combined. The mixture should be creamy, fluffy, and colorful. Make sure the color is totally incorporated into the mixture – you don’t want any white streaks anywhere!
Then use a large cookie scoop to scoop mixture into the 12 individual mini graham cracker crusts or one large 9-inch graham cracker crust.
If you don’t have a cookie scoop, you could also just scoop some into the crust using a spatula or spoon but you may not get as pretty of a finish!
Use a silicone spatula to smooth the filling out in the crust.
Put the mini pies in the refrigerator and chill for at least one hour. You can chill for longer if you’re not ready to serve but you want to chill for at least an hour.
Remove the Kool Aid pie from the refrigerator and top with more Cool Whip, fresh whipped cream, or even spray whipped cream (just know it goes flat quickly).
I also love to top with fresh fruit that matches the flavor of the pie. Berries are always a good choice!
Serve chilled or leave in the fridge until you’re ready to serve!
Turn it into a full-size pie by simply putting the filling into a pre-made nine-inch graham cracker crust instead of the mini pies.
Keep any leftovers covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container and in the refrigerator for up to three days before throwing away. Kool Aid pie does not freeze well.
Mix it up and use different flavors of Kool Aid for different seasons and occasions. Blue raspberry would make great desserts for a boy baby shower. Pink lemonade would be great for any of these girl baby shower themes. Cherry limeade is also another favorite! You can use your favorite flavor of kool-aid to make this for any different theme!
I do not recommend freezing this Kool Aid pie recipe. The texture of the pie filling does not thaw well.
Kool aid pie is made of Cool-Whip (whipped topping), sweetened condensed milk, and your favorite flavor of Kool-Aid powder. It’s a super simple and super versatile favorite and perfect for warm summer days!
You cannot make Kool Aid pie with Jello because the ingredients in Jello and Kool Aid are completely different. Jello is a gelatin based powder and Kool Aid is not.
Once you’ve mixed up the main Kool Aid pie mixture, feel free to top it with more whipped topping and fresh fruit of your choosing.
More Summer Desserts
If you like this Kool Aid pie recipe, you’ll love these other refreshing summer desserts on a hot day!
- No bake Snickers pie – this quick and easy Snickers pie combines just a few ingredients for a dessert that anyone who loves Snickers will love! It’s one of those easy pie recipes you’ll make over and over again.
- Strawberry cheesecake bars – everything you love about strawberry cheesecake with tons of amazing strawberry flavors, all in bar form!
- Jello poke cake – a simple raspberry dessert that uses Jello for lots of yummy flavor! This is the perfect dessert if you’re a complete sucker for raspberries!
- Oreo ice cream cake – three ingredients, one amazingly refreshing dessert made with Oreo cookie crumbs that’s perfect for a summer shindig!
- Brownie fruit pizza – brownie crust, cream cheese sauce, and fresh fruit on top make this a pizza lover’s dream! This one’s a great option for birthday parties since it slices so nice!
No Bake Mini Kool Aid Pie Recipe
- 1 package Kool-aid powder mix
- 12 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (thawed)
- 12 premade individual graham cracker crusts (or one 9 inch crust)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Kool-aid, sweetened condensed milk, and cool whip until combined.1 package Kool-aid powder mix, 12 ounces sweetened condensed milk, 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop filling into 12 individual graham cracker crusts or one large 9-inch graham cracker crust.12 premade individual graham cracker crusts
- Use an offset spatula to smooth the filling.
- Chill pies for 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and garnish with more cool whip, whipped cream, or fresh fruit if desired.
Tips & Notes:
- Graham cracker crusts – I used the mini ones in this recipe but you could totally do a full-size one as well or you could even make your own using the one in this striped delight recipe.
- Kool-Aid Power – this is where this recipe gets fun. I used a tropical punch flavor Kool-Aid in this recipe but you could easily change it up to make it strawberry, fruit punch, or really anything you want! I just liked the bright pink color!
Leave a Comment