These 30 fun and creative 30th birthday gift ideas for him will surprise and thrill the lucky recipient! With gift ideas in all price ranges, there’s something on this list of 30th gift ideas for everyone! Definitely some of the best 30th birthday gift ideas for him ever!
Fun & Creative 30th Birthday Gift Ideas for Him (or Her)
And now to the fun part, what’s in those cute gifts. Here’s a list of what I’m including in my 30 days of 30. I know some of these are kind of boring like his favorite snack but really who doesn’t love to be surprised with their favorite snack? I’d love you forever if you surprised me with chocolate covered cinnamon bears. Anyway, back to the list.
30 Small Gifts for 30th Birthday
- Something from the year he was born (1984) – Tetris Jenga Game
- Jar filled with 30 of his favorite treat
- A playlist (kind of like a mix tape) of 30 songs that remind me of him or an iTunes gift card with a list of songs to buy
- An iPhone armband for working out
- Date night just for the two of you like one of these from The Dating Divas
- His favorite snack (these are my husband’s)
- A punchcard with 30 boxes to punch, each one for an hour of time whenever they want it
- A photo book with pages for each of their 30 years
- A list of 30 things you love about them
- Some sort of clothing/accessories like socks, tie, etc. These birthday socks would be awesome!
- A new wallet with $30 cash inside
- $30 1 dollar bills folded up and stuffed inside an empty box of chocolates
- Grill set (to go with the grill he got last year)
- Movie night gift set with one of their favorite movies, treats, and a blanket
- Wrapped roll of 30 quarters to spend playing air hockey (our favorite) at an arcade
- Treat bouquet with 30 of his favorite treats – jerky, candy, gum, etc.
- Some sort of tech gadget like an external iPhone battery, cord organizer, etc.
- Some sort of small tool like this cool pocket knife
- 30 birthday balloons blown up with secret messages inside that he’ll find when he pops them
- A mini 30 shaped piñata filled with his favorite treats, socks, gift cards, etc.
- A TV show or movie with 30 in the title such as 13 going on 30, 30 Rock, etc.
- His favorite food with 30 integrated somehow (e.g., pizza with 30 pepperoni, 30 rolls of sushi, steak with mushrooms on top shaped into a 30).
- His choice of dinner that you’ll make from this 30 minute meals book
- 30 notes from his friends/family posted throughout the house
- 30 mini cheesecakes or desserts to eat throughout the week
- 30 pictures of your family made into a collage for his office
- $30 gift card to his favorite restaurant or store
- 30 minutes a day for 30 days doing something you wouldn’t normally do daily (e.g., cleaning, doing dishes, etc.)
- 30 Hershey’s Hugs and Kisses that can be turned in for real hugs and kisses
- Subway art or a colorful word cloud with 30 words or phrases that describe him
30 More 30th Birthday Gift Ideas for Him
And since I couldn’t stop at 30, here are another 30 birthday ideas for him I came up with since my husband’s 30th birthday a few years ago! It’s amazing how many more gift ideas you can come up with when you’re not put on the spot!
- A trivia challenge card game from the year he was born
- A month calendar out with nice things you’ll do for him on each day (make sure it’s a 30-day month, not a 31 day month!)
- A vintage t-shirt with the year he was born on it or a shirt with a movie that was released that year
- A 30 photo collage signed by his best friends and family
- SPF 30 sunscreen and sunglasses
- A gift book like this one with 30 pages of things to do together
- XXX DVD (the one with Vin Diesel) or movie night
- 30 lotto tickets or these fake ones (and then just give me a $30 gift card)
- A 30 ounce Yeti tumbler
- 30 rocks sign with rock candy
- A 30″ foam board with reasons why you love him
- 30 different candy bars with sayings about why he’s awesome – tons of candy ideas here
- Lookin’ good at 30 mug with 30 packets of hot chocolate, tea, or coffee
- You’re only old once Dr. Seuss book
- A 30 piece puzzle with a secret message written on the back
- A birthday scavenger hunt leading him to his favorite places
- A customized root beer mug and 30 cans of root beer (and ice cream for root beer floats)
- A surprise party with 30 of his best friends
- 30 Things to Do When You Turn 30 Book
- Pro Plus 30 Varidesk (my husband really wants one of these standing desks!)
- Bose 30 Wireless Noise-cancelling headphones
- 30 video games – or just this one Wii Family Party that has 30 different ones
- A Movie Pass to see at least 30 movies this year
- Custom SnapChat filter just for their birthday
- 30 minute hourglass or other office game
- 30 pound dumbbells or kettlebells
- 30 minute back massage
- 30 ounce water bottle
- A 30th anniversary album or collectible
- A 30-page coupon book
Looking for 50th birthday party ideas or gift ideas, simply do this same thing but do 50 instead!
Free Birthday Printables
In order to tie all of the presents together into one cohesive “present,” I used this set of free birthday printables from J Goode Designs. I love all of the various colors used in the birthday printables and especially love that there are colors that work for guys and girls. I chose to use mostly blues, greens, and reds for my husband’s gifts.