These fun Dr. Seuss games are perfect for celebrating Dr. Seuss week with a classroom full of kids, playing with your own kids at home, or just having a week full of reading fun! There’s everything from a cat in the hat stacking game to Dr Seuss bingo!
If I had to pick a favorite children’s book author it would be Dr. Seuss hands down. I mean, it’s no secret after I’ve shared all of these scavenger hunt ideas that I like to rhyme.
And even more than I like to rhyme – I like to read books that rhyme. There’s just something fun and whimsical about it that makes it even more fun to read! That’s say a lot from someone who already loves to read. There’s a reason they always make it into cart any time I’m looking for baby shower books!
We even did a Dr Seuss themed youth camp one year and let me tell you, I had a blast putting together these Dr Seuss themed handouts!
With Read Across America Day coming up next week on March 2nd to celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday, I thought it would be fun to put together a list of the best Dr. Seuss themed games for the classroom since I know so many teachers are doing Dr. Seuss activities with their kids!
And after planning plenty of my own classroom parties for the holidays, I know hard it can be to come up with fun activities that work with students!
These games are perfect for playing in the classroom or at home or at camp or whenever you just need some fun Dr. Seuss games to keep kids entertained! Playing games inspired by books is one of my favorite ways to make reading fun!
Dr. Seuss Games
Since you all know I love my party games, I had to put together a list of Dr. Seuss games to play! These are some of my favorites from other bloggers as well as one of my son’s all-time favorite Dr. Seuss inspired board games!
10 Other Ways to Celebrate Read Across America Week
While these Dr. Seuss games for the classroom are a perfect way to celebrate, you can also incorporate some of these other fun ideas to make National Read Across America Day even more fun for your students!
- Read your favorite Dr. Seuss books and make a craft associated with any of them. I’m particular to Cat in the Hat and this cat in the hat craft but you choose your favorites!
- Watch a Dr. Seuss themed movie like the Grinch Stole Christmas – even better if you watch while enjoying some of these Grinch brownies and Grinch punch!
- Have Dr. Seuss themed snacks like this fun cat in the hat string cheeses (perfect because they’re pre-packaged.!)
- Make oobleck and see how many different things while you read the book!
- Color these Dr. Seuss bookmarks then use them in the classroom!
- Write down a list of all of the places you’d love to go while doing this oh the places you’ll go activity.
- Learn how to draw the cat in the hat with this great guide!
- Read ABC by Dr. Seuss and do any of these ABC activities or even this alphabet scavenger hunt.
- Do one of these Dr Seuss inspired puzzles – they’re free to print!
Leave a Comment