These Monster Match Halloween bingo cards are perfect for kids to play at classroom parties, kids’ Halloween parties, or virtually!
This Halloween do the monster match instead of the monster mash with these cute Halloween bingo cards full of cute monsters for kids to match! It’s a great alternative to traditional Halloween bingo!
Monster Match Halloween Bingo
I was working in the lab late one night, or should I say on the computer late one night. And really it’s every night these days as we’re about to hit fourth quarter, and I like to do all the things I can for the holidays!
Anyway, one of my favorite Halloween songs is Monster Mash, so I thought it’d be fun to create a Halloween game inspired by the song!
And something to go along with these monster cookie sandwiches!
This Monster Match is basically Halloween bingo but a cute monster version that’s great for younger kids who can’t read yet or don’t want to look through all 25 spaces.
I tested this game out when my son was a preschooler.
And he loved it! Almost as much as he liked these other Halloween party games!
We actually ended up playing like five different times with different cards because he loved matching the monsters that much.
It definitely had nothing to do with being able to pick out a fun little Halloween prize every time he got four in a row, nope nothing to do with it.
This would also be super fun to play in a classroom or virtually through a Zoom call or another online resource. Need another virtual game? Try Ghoulish Recall – a virtual Halloween memory game or this Halloween dress up game!
You could play this with older kids or even teens if you want, but the cards only have 16 spaces, so it might prove a little easy for them. For older kids, I recommend this Halloween bingo game or this Halloween Family Feud game instead
To play this bingo game, you’ll need:
- Halloween bingo cards (get at the bottom of this post)
- Monster calling sheet (included in the file)
- Covering markers for everyone playing – candy corn or Halloween colored candies is always a good one.
- Bag or bowl (to put the calling images in)
How to Play
This monster match game is played just like a regular bingo game except the only difference is that kids only need to get four in a row instead of five! Here’s a quick refresher on how to play!
- Have everyone cover the free space with a marker.
- One at a time, pull one of the images out of the bag and show/announce it to everyone. Anyone who has that image on their card should cover it.
- Continue pulling out images until someone has covered four spaces in a row. That person should yell bingo and wins a prize!
You then can either keep playing on that card or have everyone clear their cards and play again.
One of the hardest parts of setting up Halloween bingo is picking out fun prizes for the winners! If you’re playing this at a classroom Halloween party, I’d stick with smaller things and play until everyone wins.
If you’re playing at a smaller party, try some of these fun Halloween prizes instead!
- Glow in the Dark Critters
- Halloween Punch Balloons
- Eyeball Bouncy Balls
- Movie Theater Candy (if they don’t have enough candy already)
- Halloween Books
- Halloween Ducks
- Cute Monster Stuffed Animals
- Monster Mash Treat Bucket
Other Halloween Games
- Halloween would you rather
- Halloween truth or dare questions (truth or scare)
- Halloween name that tune
- Guess the gross food game
- Halloween charades
Looking for more Fun Halloween Games?
Get the File
I’ve created 20 different cards to play. Each printable PDF has four different cards on it that will just need to be cut out before you play.
The PDF also has instructions and a calling card to use.
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to get the printable. Or if you’d prefer, you can buy a set of cards in my shop here.
If the form isn’t showing up below, click here to get to the form to download the printable files.
This post was originally published in 2017 and has since been updated with an easier to download file and images.