These teacher appreciation week ideas are the perfect way to spoil and appreciate your teachers that have worked so hard during the year! These ideas work great for members of the PTA, parents, and even staff who want to do something for their teachers!
Every year during teacher appreciation week (typically the first week in May) my son’s school puts together a week full of awesome activities and treats for the teachers to show our appreciation. Parents volunteer to put things together, donate items (or money), and the teachers get to feel appreciated for at least a week.
And hello, teachers deserve the world, especially after the past year. My son’s teacher is phenomenal and I’d donate all sorts of time and money to make sure he knows how much he appreciate him and his assistant! I ran out of boredom busters to keep him busy after about two hours.
Since I know most PTAs, parents, and schools don’t want to do the same thing every year, I thought I’d put together a list of the best teacher appreciation week ideas I could find! I’ve also got some fun teacher appreciation gift tags if you just need a gift for a teacher!
I’ve included ones that work great whether you have a lot of parent support and budget or not!
Teacher Appreciation Week Food Bars
If you want to give your teachers treats and eats during the week, these food bars are a fun way to do that!
If you need some homemade cookies to add to your cookie bar, these are some of my personal favorites that tend to be universally loved by everyone!
- Snickers Cookies (skip if you’re at a nut-free school)
- Rolo cookies
- Cherry cheesecake cookies (super easy to make)
- Sugar cookie bites
- Andes Mint Cookies
Any of these yummy homemade pastries would make a great addition to a coffee bar!
- Strawberry scones
- Strawberry danishes (a semi-homemade recipe and so yummy!)
- Cranberry orange muffins
- Cranberry orange bread
- Pumpkin cream cheese muffins
Don’t just stick with pizza, add one of these fun pizza alternatives to your pizza bar for even more variety!
- English muffin pizza (with four different topping varieties and instructions)
- Pizza loaf
- Pizza with a twist
- Pepperoni roll ups
- Homemade pepperoni rolls
- Mini calzone
- Mini pizza pies
Any of these delicious drinks would make a great addition to a teacher happy hour!
- Cotton candy drink
- Caramel apple drink
- Tropical mocktail
- Strawberry mocktail
- Mixed berry drink
- Strawberry lavender lemonade
If you want to add something other than just candy to your sweet teacher buffet, try one of these yummy treats! They’re all easy to grab and go sweets!
- Mint chocolate bombs
- Old fashioned 7 layer bars
- Chocolate dipped rice krispie treats
- Brownie balls
- Oreo truffles
Make sure to serve a variety of soups so that there’s something for everyone! Here are a few of our personal favorites that are always crowd pleasers! You could even serve them with these easy bread bowls and/or homemade yeast rolls.
- Homemade chicken noodle soup
- Strawberry soup recipe
- Butternut squash soup
- Beef and barley soup
- Whole 30 Zuppa Toscana
Other Teacher Appreciation Week Ideas
If you don’t want to serve up food for your teachers, how about one of these fun ideas to gift your teachers to show your appreciation!
More Teacher Gift Ideas
- Back to school Cricut gifts – cute gifts you can make for teachers using a Cricut and some tape!
- Teacher thank you tags – add these cute thank you tags to some fuzzy socks to tell teachers how much they rocked your socks off this year!
- Orange gift tags – orange you glad you teach my kid? Fun gift tags inspired by the orange knock knock joke, kids will love picking out all sorts of orange gifts for teachers to go with these tags!